I Am Out Period

Mekong

Incorrect assumption KS

UK is now offering me over GBP 100,000 Per annum salary after tax, not to be taken lightly.

I have liver cancer with Maximum of 5 years of iive, I would prefer to see out my final years close to my family members than being half away around the world from them

Sad but true but I am dying and as such I would prefer to do it closer to my family . My decision but I would prefer to go out with dignity.

Mekong-

If I was to bet on ANYONE in this situation I would bet on you....and I am betting on you in this.

Keep the spirit up and research the crap out of this.

Always wanted to meet in person and if you are in the UK I will make a point of taking you to dinner next time I pass through.

It is a long, long way from over.....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kong, your OP makes out that the reason you are leaving is a problem with Thailand and now you are saying it's because you are dying? :confused::dunno:

Anyway very sorry to hear about your condition. :(

Sorry Munchie I was not too clear in my original posting.

I have had Private health care via BUPA for over 30 years and have been in Asia for 24 years, I have asian strain of HBV which BUPA are now telling me is a pre existing condition, how the fark did I contract Asian HBV 6 years before I even landed here.

Bottom line is they are now refusing to pay my medical bills which are running at 50,000 THB / Month so in order to continue treatment at a reasonable cost I need to be back in the EU and since my family is in the UK it seems the logical choice.

I don't feel ill at all but my viral load is off the scale, not sure of the actual scale but is around 0-17,500,000, I am over 17.5 Million, well off the scale.

I have come to accept the fact that I only have a few years left and as such I intended to make the most of them, I have probably done more in 48 years of my life than most would have done in 480 years. I just want to go and chill out in a village in the Peak District . I realise that there are certain areas of Scotland that you like so much, I also have the same feelings for areas of England being close to my family.

Knowing my luck I would probably right my self off on my Ducati 916SP before the cancer got to me.

I was scared initially but now I don';t care, life goes on even if for only a limited period.

Kong

Guys

Thanks for the kind words of support, as many of you are aware I do not give up easy I will keep you posted on my situation.

My Legal Rep in Thailand has agreed to go with me on affirmation of freedom to marriage and she will be coming to the UK with me, my Laywer now becomes my nurse.

Well good to know toour taking part of thailand back to the uk, will make those 364 days a year with crap weather passable.

Haven't seen you in ages either I may be back in town same time as the dumb one so hope we catch up.

Project I am managing is drawing to an end so hopefully have some time.

It's wise to have your treatment outside of Thailand. My best friend was diagnosed and treated for colon cancer in BKK. The cancer didn't kill him, but the treatment did. Incompetent doctors imho.

But they have world class hospitals in BKK...!?

Archived