I Am Out Period

Mekong

Born and bred a freethinker, I wasn't raised in an atmosphere of righteousness and guilt. My guide has been the Golden Rule. It isn't a philosophy, much less a religion. Just a way of life. Heaven and hell don't enter into it. Neither does reincarnation. I'm not waiting for a comet, space ship or the end of the world. No prayer is involved. I'm not in contact with other freethinkers. When I die, that's all she wrote.

Trink - May 23, 1998

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant recall whether you have spent any lengthy periods back in the UK over the last ten years, but I'm willing to bet it isnt the country you left. I have a totally different attitude to life and death than yours, so I'll leave it there.

I cant recall whether you have spent any lengthy periods back in the UK over the last ten years, but I'm willing to bet it isnt the country you left. I have a totally different attitude to life and death than yours, so I'll leave it there.

Gobbie I have actually spent a few weeks / year back in the UK over the past decade or so, You are correct in the fact that it is not the same country I left 24 years ago but I believe that it will offer me better options in my years to come. I am not returning to the UK to die, I am returning to live . OK I am not a multiple millionaire but I am also not short of a bob or two, days away with my father playing golf, time with my niece with her horses at her stud farm mad sundays riding the bollox off my motorcycle alongside my daughter (she got it off me)

It may not be Thailand but I will be going home to have FUN and envoy the rest of my life,

Gobbie I have actually spent a few weeks / year back in the UK over the past decade or so, You are correct in the fact that it is not the same country I left 24 years ago but I believe that it will offer me better options in my years to come. I am not returning to the UK to die, I am returning to live . OK I am not a multiple millionaire but I am also not short of a bob or two, days away with my father playing golf, time with my niece with her horses at her stud farm mad sundays riding the bollox off my motorcycle alongside my daughter (she got it off me)

It may not be Thailand but I will be going home to have FUN and envoy the rest of my life,

Fair points, and I commend your willingness to embrace the Northern Winter after so many years in sunnier climes. It will be interesting to hear your impressions of 'the old country' over the coming months. Personally, I cant wait to leave the nanny state behind, but none of us has a crystal ball and the grass is most definitely greener anywhere but here. :D

Gobbie

To be honest with you I have no choice, BUPA are saying that is a pre existing condition and are refusing to pay out anymore, my bills are running ar around 50,000 THB / Month and I cannot justify that expenditure. I am not skint by a long way but I would prefer to spend my money on me and living rather than health care expenses.

Go and play golf with my father and have a joint 80 and 50 birthday party with him, take the horses out with my niece, fark I know thar she and her business pertner are lesbian lovers and am proud of her for living her life and I will race motorcycles against my Daughter Maria, shit man she is fast she has more bottle than me on a downhill corner in the wet. My twins are called Maria and Jayne it took a few years for people to suss that one out.

I could get mowed down tomorrow by a bus so why worry, compared to some people I know I am dying so lets have a ball on the end, one life so lets fucking live it. I am dying so what at havo know how to have fun before my time is up.

Cav

I have had my bucket list for years and have done many things that most people could only dream about but now I need tp amend it.

Machu Pichu, Niagara Falls, Monaco GP, Raced the Isle of Man TT, Taced the Macau GP, been up the nile and seen the pyramids, Taj Mahal Angkot Wat, Tianamen Square, the Great Wall, Terrracota Army, the ancient chinese capital of Xanadu (same as the song by Rush) base camp of Everest, just a few of the things I have done during my travels.

I am sure that I will come up with a few more things to do with my time.

Archived