I Am Out Period

Mekong

Mekong, sorry to hear about your illness. If you apply as much effort in dealing with it as you did going against your ex-wife, you have an excellent chance of living a long life. If you want to present to BUPA a list of potential customers, either living in LOS or plan on moving there in the near future, that will not consider using BUPA because of how they treat their long term customers, sign me up on the list. Finally, I hope that you don't take it the wrong way but there is a certain irony that you are going back to the U.K. after almost 30 years, not wanting to pay U.K. taxes because of the way the welfare state exists in Britain (even going to Spain to work and not declare the income). Now, the major reason that you are going back is for the free health care. Having said that, if I were in your shoes, I'd be doing the same thing. I have an older brother that hasn't lived near the rest of our large family for 30 years, living the last 7 years in Mexico. Four years ago, his Doctor told him that his respiratory problems were going to get worse as time went on. He considered moving back and went to the trouble of coming to town for 3 weeks, looking for a house. He was looking forward to having members of the family help take care of him. I don't think that he was looking forward to day to day personal contact with family members. He finally decided, after his health problems subsided to live half of the year in Mexico and just under 6 months in San Diego (so he wouldn't be considered a California resident as pay taxes there). I see him twice a year and talk to him once a month. I hope you are not wearing rose colored glasses concerning how your family life is going to turn out after 30 years away. Anyway, good luck with everything.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now, the major reason that you are going back is for the free health care.

Mekong put a process in place 30 years ago (BUPA health insurance) which should have seen him not need the NHS free health care - the way i read the story, there is no irony, the main reason he's going home is because the health insurance company is shafting him.

I'm not sure how you can go from getting screwed by BUPA to going home for free health insurance and say one act makes the other perfectly justifiable. The irony is going back for free health care after actively trying to get out of paying any U.K. taxes for 30 years (and occasionally bragging about it, like when he worked in Spain) because he has a disdain for the U.K. welfare state. I hope he sues BUPA and wins in the U.K. but that doesn't change the irony of the decision to go back to the U.K. for the free health care. Like I said, I'd do the same if I were in his shoes.

I'm not sure how you can go from getting screwed by BUPA to going home for free health insurance and say one act makes the other perfectly justifiable. The irony is going back for free health care after actively trying to get out of paying any U.K. taxes for 30 years (and occasionally bragging about it, like when he worked in Spain) because he has a disdain for the U.K. welfare state. I hope he sues BUPA and wins in the U.K. but that doesn't change the irony of the decision to go back to the U.K. for the free health care. Like I said, I'd do the same if I were in his shoes.

Hate to say it, but this post does resonates with me. I felt Mekong's initial 'fuck Thailand' post seemed just a tiny bit OTT and melodramatic given that he has enjoyed good times as well as bad in LOS over many years. I understand his frustration with BUPA, but when does a corporation represent an entire country and its people ?

Relax everyone, Mekong is NOT DYING of liver cancer. HBV-Asian strain is Hepatitus B virus-Asian strain. It is preventable and treatable. I seriously doubt he even has this condition. Additionally, Viral loads are seldom used to measure forms or levals of cancer, they are used as a tool to measure virus levals in the blood, and predict longevity of that virus and life expectancy of the patient. "stages" are used to do the same with cancer.

Furthermore, viral loads are measured in parts per ML (Pml) or parts per thousand (ppt) or in increasing cases, parts per million (ppm). Thus, in the last mentioned scenario, the maximum viral load would not exceed 1 million (1,000,000) that would mean 100% of the blood consists of this virus. Which is impossible. Thus the claim that 175% of Mekong's blood is infected or composed of/with this virus is also false.

I submit that this is just another pathetic attempt by Mekong to seek attention and sympathy from punters on an internet board and that is simply sad and disturbing. Deceiving your friends is never right. I have no idea why he constantly does this, nor do I know what joy he derives from it. Rather than continue to coddle him and thus enable him, I encourage you all to encourage him to seek the psychiatric help he needs. His behavior needs to stop, and we should all be encouraging him to cease this behavior and seek treatment. What we shouldn't do is tolerate this behavior, as doing so only enables and encourages him to contiue, to his further detriment.

Mekong,

Rather than continue this, I suggest you seek treatment for your pathalogical lying and attention seeking disorder. It has clearly consumed your life and is ruining it, and no doubt has played a role in past events. You cannot continue on this path and have a healthy normal life. You have become the laughing stock of this board and many publicly embracing you are in fact giggling behind your back. No one takes you seriously. These comments are said for your own good, and with the best of intentions. You need to stop this, and you need to seek help before it is too late.

Now I am sure you will ignore this, do more research and come back with more lies and false claims. Instead I encourage you to put that effort into researching your condition and seek the proper help for it. I look foreward to seeing you when you are healthy and recovered and able to live a normal life. However I will no longer sit still in silence and watch you spiral out of control. Best of luck to you.

I'm glad someone said it. :up:

Two posters have stated that Mekong is a habitual liar. Some of you know him well. I only know him by reading some of his posts and other posters' comments. My undersatanding is that:

(1) He is an engineer and worked for multinational companies in LOS for many years.

(2) Few years ago, he met a young female Thai exchange student in USA and married her.

(3) The marriage recently broke up but he managed to walk away with 10M Baht.

(4) He now has liver cancer and is going back home to Great Britain where there is free medical care.

(5) He was screwed by BUPA, which effectively denied healthcare coverage when he needed it most.

So how much of the above is not true? :dunno:

Archived