How time in a day do you spend thinking of LOS?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soi7,

With all due respect where is the poll to vote on????????????

As for myself, there is not much time each day I don't think about the LOS. To be honest I think about it all the time. It called the "Bangkok Blues"

Every aspect of my thinking has been changed by visits to LOS , there fore I would say it is in my thoughts 100% of the time , it is a part of my thought process.I am not trying to "out-do" anyone else I just think if you are like many on this board it is an integral part of your life & thus can't be taken out of any of your thoughts , even if you don't realise you are taking LOS experience into account at the time .

Every morning I wake up & the first thing I see is the thai flag & the king flag thing , the gold 1 , in miniture version , they are good things to bring back to farang land , mini flags , I love em. smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by soi7:

Myself I'd say about 3/4 of the day. The other 1/4 is spent working to finance my LOS habit.

Soi you sound like you only just got back from your very first trip!!

However "Zoot" is correct, my lifestyle has

been designed around acomidating my need to return.

When I get up every morning I may or may not notice the Budha shelf above my monitor. But what is very real is that I work 6 day's a week 11 hours a day with very few rewards. Over the years I have learned to discipline myself to take very few rewards in my daily life living on the reminder that one day I will return. And this time it will be for a full years stay.

The time between my first and second visits were easy a mere 10 month's. But between 2 and 3 the 5 years was not planned and was horrible watching my goal continuously being pulled out of my reach.

Now waiting between 3 and 4 it has been 3+1/2 years with another 13 month's to wait.

Very frustrating but at least this time it has been my choice, saving for "The Mother of All Vacations". I don't intend to be extravagent I just want to go long long time.

So how much have I and do I think of LOS?

I have learned not to be open with these thoughts because it will drive your co workers crazy if you mention every frequent thought. And in 10 years of my life since that first fateful day, I am certain that there has not been more that 4 or 5 days that were not pre ocupied with my obsession.

Hmmmmm, interesting question but not a bad one. I'd say about 75% of my waking hours. I have a jade buddha sitting in my bedroom. I have several buddhist pendants lying around. Upon entering my car, my 10 cd player usually have thai pop music playing once the ignition is on. At work, I'll see an ocassional Buddhist monk walk by on their way to the Wat. Several Thai restaurants along with thai girls who are on student visa normally greet me when I'm having dinner or if I happen to see them in the street going to work. And on the internet, several boards/forums are bookmarked on my pc, along with thai chat rooms. Every so often, I'll go to a massage parlor and choose a Thai girl and pratice my "paasaa thai" along with a full service massage, "set leaw!". All this happening during the course of my day in the SF Bay Area! Some of us still have to work for a living and can't retire in LOS just yet. mad.gif" border="0

Archived