At 06:00 A.m. Can No Long Stream Video

gawguy

Using True 3G package on aircard internet SIM in S Pattaya. It seems that I can only stream video for a couple of hours a day around 4AM - 6AM. This morning I was watching a program and it had been working from 5AM. One finished and I tried to start another one right at 6AM.

Email comes up, Thai 360 works, no videos.

Could it be that True makes an "adjustment" at 6AM? Or makes an ajustment for certain types of connections or accounts??

GG

Okay...it's possible I ran out of download. I tried to check how much I had left and after I logged on to True, that link would no open. So I'm thinking if you run out of download - use up your 3GB - then you can't log into the service?

I went to their office and was told I was "finished". So I'm using 2G but my system shows I'm connected to HSDPA - 3G.

I'll figger this out one of these days, months, years...

5 am.......blimey thats an early start for Pattaya,! or is that a late finish ? :hubbahubba:

Yeah...I've changed a lot over last 10 yrs. If you charted my drinking it would be a continuous downslope. I still have a lot of fun but I definitely changed the hours.

Anyway..one interesting fact just for reference..with my 3GB I watched about 22 hours of video. That seems good to me for 860 baht ($28USD) tax included.

I was watching videos 5AM, then they stopped playing 6AM. That's when my 3GB of download ran out.

Gaw Guy.

My 3 GB data allowance costs £15 ( about 750 bt. ) here in farangland but is only valid for 1 month.Does your data allowance have a time limit ? I use 3 which is part of the same company as True/Hutchison I think.I`m hoping to use the same dongle modem and just fit a new data sim when I arrive in Jan.Don`t know if this will work or not :dunno:

Yeah...I've changed a lot over last 10 yrs. If you charted my drinking it would be a continuous downslope. I still have a lot of fun but I definitely changed the hours.

Anyway..one interesting fact just for reference..with my 3GB I watched about 22 hours of video. That seems good to me for 860 baht ($28USD) tax included.

I was watching videos 5AM, then they stopped playing 6AM. That's when my 3GB of download ran out.

Gaw Guy.

22 hrs of video on 3G? Data plans seem to be extremely generous in LOS. My Germany mobile/data plan (ca. 2.000 THB including iPhone) is termed "unlimited". But the term is absolutely misleading. After I have downloaded 1GB of data (that's just a few youtube music videos ors so) the speed is downgraded to "Edge", which means it's absolute unusable for the surfing the net.

kamui, I'd have a look at what may be automatically downloaded if I were you. My data limit is 1.5 GB and I never go anywhere near it (rarely go over 250 MB to be honest), but use the data a fair bit more than "a few youtube music videos or so" - 1 GB should be hundreds if not thousands of youtube clips.

Archived