Does South Korean Rapper Psy Hate America?

Flashermac

PSY has been taking over America with his surprise smash hit “Gangnam Style†but there’s new information on the South Korean pop star that will soon change his popularity among U.S. fans.

It turns out PSY has been involved in several anti-American protest performances. According to Mediaite.com he smashed a model U.S. tank while onstage in 2002 to oppose 37,000 U.S. troops that descended on the Korean Peninsula.

A few years later, PSY cursed Americans after a South Korean missionary was executed. His song “Dear American†sets the record straight.

“Kill those f***ing Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives/Kill those f***ing Yankees who ordered them to torture/Kill their daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law and fathers/Kill them all slowly and painfully,†he raps.

PSY is slated to perform for President Obama for a Christmas In Washington special to air on TNT Friday, December 21. As a result, a petition to rescind his invitation has been created by outraged Americans for his anti-American song lyrics.

Looks like PSY’s 15-minutes of fame are just about over.

UPDATE: PSY Apologizes

PSY has released a statement through his publicist Matthew Hiltzik apologizing for the words used in his song “Dear American.â€

“As a proud South Korean who was educated in the United States and lived there for a very significant part of my life, I understand the sacrifices American servicemen and women have made to protect freedom and democracy in my country and around the world,†said Psy in a statement.â€

http://923now.cbslocal.com/2012/12/07/does-south-korean-rapper-psy-hate-america/

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he does he will not be in the minority, whilst I personally get on very well with the majority of Americans I meet the countries foreign policies do leave a lot to desire.

On a sise note, why does the United States refer to itself as "AMERICA?" america is a fringing continent not a country any Peruvian, Chilean, Mexican, Brazilian etc can refer to themselves as American, it is this sought of self centred egotistical shit that gets on my tits.

Sort of like the English saying England when they actually mean Britain. ;)

Look at the name ... UNITED STATES of AMERICA! Can the Argies, Peruvians and Brazilians of other wogs claim they belong to that?

So why have Brits been calling the us Americans since even before independence? :hmmm:

Sort of like the English saying England when they actually mean Britain

Not really Flash - England is England, where Britain includes Scotland and Wales. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland includes Northern Island and the British Isles. A lot of Brits call themselves English, Scots, Welsh, Yorkshiremen etc. A Frenchman is inder no obligation to refer to himself as a European, he can call himself a Frenchman if he wants surely? Or a Parisian if from Paris. Same same.

If the French called themselves Europe, or Zimbabwe called itself Africa it would be a similar comparison. Then again, there isn't a continent called America - there's Nth and Sth America as continents, and there are "the Americas" which includes the lot. I think "America" as a country evolved simply because people got lazy and didn't want to say the "United States of America".

Sort of like the English saying England when they actually mean BritainNot really Flash - England is England, where Britain includes Scotland and Wales. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland includes Northern Island and the British Isles. A lot of Brits call themselves English, Scots, Welsh, Yorkshiremen etc. A Frenchman is inder no obligation to refer to himself as a European, he can call himself a Frenchman if he wants surely? Or a Parisian if from Paris. Same same.

There are some naming traditions which aren't politically nowadays. In Germany we usually say "England", but we mean "Great Britain". Actually I think that many people aren't aware of the distinction between both terms. Also we say Amerika when when we mean USA.

BTW Remember "West Side Story"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPlcE3GcoFc

Archived