12-12-2012 - The Beginning Of The End ?

gobbledonk

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The civilized English would never do anything so savage. :cool:

To be hanged, drawn and quartered (less commonly "hung, drawn and quartered") was from 1351 a penalty in England for men convicted of high treason, although the ritual was first recorded during the reigns of King Henry III (1216–1272) and his successor, Edward I(1272–1307). Convicts were fastened to a hurdle, or wooden panel, and drawn by horse to the place of execution, where they were hanged (almost to the point of death), emasculated, disembowelled, beheaded and quartered (chopped into four pieces). Their remains were often displayed in prominent places across the country, such as London Bridge. For reasons of public decency, women convicted of high treason were instead burnt at the stake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanged,_drawn_and_quartered

If the world does end on Dec 21st, will I get a refund for my flights and accommodation for February? Purchased online with Visa, insurance through Zurich....

Just asking.

good question, for me, I just arrived in LOS, best place to be just in case its the end of world :)

I wouldnt care for a refund for my return ticket......

The civilized English would never do anything so savage. :cool:

To be hanged, drawn and quartered (less commonly "hung, drawn and quartered") was from 1351 a penalty in England for men convicted of high treason, although the ritual was first recorded during the reigns of King Henry III (1216–1272) and his successor, Edward I(1272–1307). Convicts were fastened to a hurdle, or wooden panel, and drawn by horse to the place of execution, where they were hanged (almost to the point of death), emasculated, disembowelled, beheaded and quartered (chopped into four pieces). Their remains were often displayed in prominent places across the country, such as London Bridge. For reasons of public decency, women convicted of high treason were instead burnt at the stake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanged,_drawn_and_quartered

True, but it seems the Englanders were't yet into buggering them during the splatterworks. :)

Archived