Are Thais Childish?

khunsanuk

Gobble.

Bliss is good, you have to remember, I'm playing their game now, and the observations I make are not complaints. The benefits of the Lao lady outweigh any of the purported negatives.

It really has taken me a long time to adjust to the new game, but adjust I have, my comments about the 'nap' are not negative really, an observation of the cultural differences.

In context, I should also note that I'd exercised her rather well that morning, and so when she decided on a nap after lunch, I had a chance to do a few emails and snack and nap myself.

This is bliss in my book, in the wasteland, There'd be people phoning and demanding attention, work to be done, and stress to be collected.

How many days now? If you get to Laos I'd be happy to beer :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gobble.

Bliss is good, you have to remember, I'm playing their game now, and the observations I make are not complaints. The benefits of the Lao lady outweigh any of the purported negatives.

It really has taken me a long time to adjust to the new game, but adjust I have, my comments about the 'nap' are not negative really, an observation of the cultural differences.

In context, I should also note that I'd exercised her rather well that morning, and so when she decided on a nap after lunch, I had a chance to do a few emails and snack and nap myself.

This is bliss in my book, in the wasteland, There'd be people phoning and demanding attention, work to be done, and stress to be collected.

How many days now? If you get to Laos I'd be happy to beer :)

There is even a PHD thesis written about sleeping habit ins Japan. And there is some research being done about sleeping habits in Asia. What's clear is that sleeping habits in Asia are quite different to the West and the cultural meaning of sleep is different as well.

For example, no one would call Japanese lazy, unorganized or not keeping appointments e.g.

Nevertheless it's no problem for higher ranking Japanese to fall asleep in meetings, at events e.g.. In the West this would been seen as affront. And one of most photographs scenes (by foreigners) in Tokyo are Japanese taking short naps in public spaces like coffee shops, subway cars, e.g.

There is even a PHD thesis written about sleeping habit ins Japan. And there is some research being done about sleeping habits in Asia. What's clear is that sleeping habits in Asia are quite different to the West and the cultural meaning of sleep is different as well.

For example, no one would call Japanese lazy, unorganized or not keeping appointments e.g.

Nevertheless it's no problem for higher ranking Japanese to fall asleep in meetings, at events e.g.. In the West this would been seen as affront. And one of most photographs scenes (by foreigners) in Tokyo are Japanese taking short naps in public spaces like coffee shops, subway cars, e.g.

Given that they seem to survive on 4 hours sleep a night, I'm not surprised ...... Japanese businessmen are serious drinkers, and dont seem to let a 12-hour workday get in the way of that. Do the math ;)

Archived