Please God, Let Karma Be Real

gobbledonk

This prick deserves a good kicking, but how the hell was he allowed onto the plane in the first place if he was 'too drunk to appear in court the next morning' ? The world needs to rid itself of white trash like this guy - sadly, the nutters take out the wrong people.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/obnoxious-vodka-drunk-with-cigarette-forces-qantas-emergency-landing-costs-airline-120k/story-e6frfq7r-1226540084247

Man 'drunk on vodka' with cigarette forces Qantas emergency landing, costs airline $120k

Save this story to read later

• by: Melanie Petrinec
  • December 19, 2012 6:35AM

• Justin Cooke 'drunk' on on Qantas flight to Japan
  • Confronted when he smokes in toilet
  • Restrained and pilot diverts plane to Cairns
  • Arrested but too drunk to appear in court next morning
  • Faces four charges

A DRUNK and unruly passenger is alleged to have cost Qantas $120,000 after a flight from Sydney to Japan was forced to make an emergency landing in Cairns to throw the man off the plane.

Justin Richard Cooke, 34, was granted bail on Tuesday to live with his mother in Western Australia after facing the Cairns Magistrates' Court for allegedly lighting a cigarette in the aircraft's toilet and assaulting a cabin crew member who confronted him, The Cairns Post reports.

The court was told the pilots on flight QF21 to Tokyo had to dump 60,000 litres of fuel before the plane with 350 passengers on board could land at Cairns International Airport, which wasclosed at the time and had to reopen to facilitate the emergency landing at 1.45am.

"I am informed by the Australian Federal Police this incident cost Qantas about $120,000," Commonwealth prosecutor Audra Meginyte said.

The drama unfolded about 30 minutes into the flight as Cooke became heavily intoxicated, drinking from a bottle of vodka he brought on to the aircraft. He became agitated when cabin crew confronted him for lighting a cigarette, Ms Meginyte said.

"The defendant then punched a cabin manager in the chest," Ms Meginyte said.

He was restrained but spat in the eyes of the cabin crew manager.

The court heard Mr Cooke registered a blood-alcohol reading of 0.300 per cent when he was arrested by the AFP.

He was too drunk to appear in court yesterday morning, so appeared in the afternoon where he faced four charges, which include lighting a cigarette on an aircraft, behaving in an offensive matter, assault and acts threatening the safety of persons in an aircraft.

I bet he was a Brit who had recently emigrated to Australia!

If he was that drunk I am surprised he was allowed to board the flight, when I was a heavy drinker I was on a flight from Benghazi (Libya) to Rome, London Heathrow then the late hop to Manchester. On the Air Italia leg I got rat assed and when I arrived at LHR was told that I would not be allowed to fly that evening.

The Police were very polite (shows how long ago it was) explained the situation to me, got me 2-3 cups of strong coffee and found me a quiet corner to sleep it off. The next morning at about 5AM they woke me up to see if I was sober which was just about was, handed me my boarding pass for the 6AM flight and wished me a nice day.

Damn, at least when I was a drunk I was polite and followed simple instructions, it seems like the youth of today are worse than I was.

PS

I got caught taking USD 10,000 out of Libya a big no no, I was held until the last moment and agreed to hand over USD 5,000 and only just made the flight out of Benghazi to Rome, of course I needed a stiff drink or 20 once I hit Rome, it's a good job they never noticed the amount of Gold I was smuggling out around my neck. Back then it was officially 3.45 Libyan Dinhars / USD on the black market I was getting one for one, Gold was being sold in the Souks at USD Prices but in Dinhar based on the official exchange rate, I was getting Gold at less than 30% of market value in the west.

In the 1980s a lot of Thais got a nice profitable holiday in Japan. The idea was to buy a diamond ring, best stone you could get. Fly to Japan, sell the diamond and replace it with a cheap stone. Since you still had the "same" diamond ring, customs said nothing. People claimed they were making around one million baht on the transaction.

In the 1980s a lot of Thais got a nice profitable holiday in Japan. The idea was to buy a diamond ring, best stone you could get. Fly to Japan, sell the diamond and replace it with a cheap stone. Since you still had the "same" diamond ring, customs said nothing. People claimed they were making around one million baht on the transaction.

I believe something similar is big business in India atm - get caught trying to dodge Customs and it could be a very long stay in a particularly nasty jail.

If this guy was made to pay for the $120,000 it cost to divert because of his stupidity, I think this would wake him up real quick. Also, if the crewmembers who were assaulted sued him, this would cost him more money, as he would probably have to end up paying for a lawyer.

Even if he couldn't come up with the $120,000 right away, the judge maybe could set up a payment plan where any money he makes, a good part of it would go to pay his bill. I would never want to deal with drunken fools, as they sure are a pain in the ass.

Archived