A Hotel With Large Rooms And Ld Friendly In Pattaya?

TheHunter

I have heard of one guest that suffered a respiratory infection while staying there.

That - or the air quality - of all hotels has always concerned me.

Do any hotels have aircon filters? And how often are the filters changed?

Thais traditionally do not service machines, from aircon to cars. In the case of aircon, filters don't need to be changed, simply removing the filter, hosing the dirt off and then re-installing it. Even that is not done.

So if the Penthouse hotel had a water leak in one room leading to paint damage and mould. Old paint and mould needs to be removed before painting. Unfortunately, the old paint and the mould is simply painted over, the mould that ended up on the aircon filter remains to disperse onto room occupants.

So if I was a person that would be at risk in this kind of setting staying in this hotel is risky. I should stay at a hotel that is several months old, before this kind of risk had a chance to develop.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I agree the Penthouse is a Pattaya institution of sorts. However, I would recommend a visit to their bar rather than an actual stay in the hotel. Visiting their mixed LB/GG bar may result in their drink tab being padded or experiencing an interesting exchange with the dancers or mamasan. However a stay in the hotel may not be good for their health. Besides seeing roaches on the walls there is a risk from mould in the rooms IMHO.

I have heard of one guest that suffered a respiratory infection while staying there.

The roach-and-rundown issue seems to have improved in the past year or so, at least in my experience - it used to be bad, I agree, but things seems better of late. Smells fresher, and no roaches on my last visits! (I know, seems to be hardly a strong recommendation for a hotel... but yes, you must stay at Penthouse at least once, and when you do make sure it's the bigger rooms with most features - don't waste your time and money in some standard room here, you need to go for the gusto.

While I'm here: Anyone have good recommendations for Pattaya hotels with big comfortable suites, relaxed GF attitude, balcony? I've done Marriott, Hard Rock, Bayview/shore - boring and in case of first two, expensive. Whitehouse Condotel gets two big thumbs up from me, despite no view, and it has a feeling of cheap furniture, no view... but otherwise, I'm pro-Whitehouse Condotel. Barracuda D2 has decent suites, but... I don't know, doesn't completely click.

Anywhere else recommended? Amari Nova Suites corner suites just caught my eye.

What's a favorite big suite, private, don't-care-who-I-come-home-with-or-when kind of place?

YimSiam