A Hotel With Large Rooms And Ld Friendly In Pattaya?

TheHunter

It's easily 2 kilometres from the 'Walking St' sign at the entrance to that overcrowded 'Russian promenade' to Soi 6 - I've walked Beach Road many times and it can be an ordeal in peak season, but I feel much more in control than I do on the baht buses where I seem to get jammed in up the front of the bus as the Thais all want to be at the back where they can leap off. Besides, once you get past the girls at the dreaded 'Coconut Bar', the second half of the walk can be reasonably relaxing - sea breeze and all that. Absolutely loathe the beach during the heat of the day - way too many vendors - but its better at night.

It's easily 2 kilometres from the 'Walking St' sign at the entrance to that overcrowded 'Russian promenade' to Soi 6 - I've walked Beach Road many times and it can be an ordeal in peak season, but I feel much more in control than I do on the baht buses where I seem to get jammed in up the front of the bus as the Thais all want to be at the back where they can leap off. Besides, once you get past the girls at the dreaded 'Coconut Bar', the second half of the walk can be reasonably relaxing - sea breeze and all that. Absolutely loathe the beach during the heat of the day - way too many vendors - but its better at night.

just over a mile?.

seems good exercise to me.

thought it was longer than that - walked soi 8 to soi 6 last trip and it was a good half hour (most of that dodging other pedestrians) - since walking st is further... up to you. Would see a lot of funny things on the way I guess.

i like walking along the streets and just observing the going-on's.

thought it was longer than that - walked soi 8 to soi 6 last trip and it was a good half hour (most of that dodging other pedestrians) - since walking st is further... up to you. Would see a lot of funny things on the way I guess.

I'm with you Red.....

easily...is "maybe" the same as.....A Country MILE

Gobble forgot the 6 Bars he stopped at.....for a "refresher"

Walking back to Pattaya Glahng from Jomtien is good exercise and is better than being crammed into a baht pickup ( sorgtaw ) :up: I used to get the bus back from my favourite cafe until they stopped the service a couple of years ago. :chinaman:

• 2 weeks later...

Good Gosh.

One has to try the Penthouse once.

One cannot state that they have been to Pattaya without stating that they have stayed at the Penthouse Hotel at least one time.

It is a good decent older hotel with a short walk to Walking Street. The breakfast was good on side of hotel and plenty of restaurants nearby.

All rooms are quite interesting.

Yes, one can get better and less expensive rooms on 2nd Road and beyond.

Got to stay at the Penthouse Hotel at least once. Just for the ambience.

The one time I stayed there walking back from Walking Street late at night I had an elephant follow me. Where else can this happen?

I agree the Penthouse is a Pattaya institution of sorts. However, I would recommend a visit to their bar rather than an actual stay in the hotel. Visiting their mixed LB/GG bar may result in their drink tab being padded or experiencing an interesting exchange with the dancers or mamasan. However a stay in the hotel may not be good for their health. Besides seeing roaches on the walls there is a risk from mould in the rooms IMHO.

I have heard of one guest that suffered a respiratory infection while staying there.