Any Ideas On How To Kill 6 Hours At Lax?

dean

In over 30 years of flying, domestic and international, only one airline has ever lost my bag - Qantas. MEL-SYD back in the early noughties. To be fair. their insurance payout was unexpectedly generous, but it's fucked up standing at that baggage carousel when it becomes obvious that you bag isnt coming down that chute. If it had been a long haul flight, I expect that I may have gone straight to the nearest bar and gotten shitfaced.

i flew many times on Thai from Malaysia to London, then a separate ticket on BA to the US. Never had a problem until the last time when I went Thai to BKK, then BA the rest of the way, a**holes at BA wouldn't check my bags on my return trip all the way to Malaysia (Thai did it on the way to the US no problem). I had paid over $12,000 USD for the two business class tickets...needless to say I have never used BA again. When I got to BKK and told Thai Airways the issue, they made sure my bags made it without me having to go through immigration and check back in. I had a $300 USD economy fare with them between KL and BKK......

Always made my flights no problem (usually with a 2 hour layover in London and 55 minutes in BKK), never lost a bag.

In over 30 years of flying, domestic and international, only one airline has ever lost my bag - Qantas. MEL-SYD back in the early noughties. To be fair. their insurance payout was unexpectedly generous, but it's fucked up standing at that baggage carousel when it becomes obvious that you bag isnt coming down that chute. If it had been a long haul flight, I expect that I may have gone straight to the nearest bar and gotten shitfaced.

The US govmt used to send me by Pan Am. First flight to Bangkok they smashed my new luggage. Second time, even though my bag was checked through to Bangkok, Pan Am took it off in Tokyo and sent it to Osaka! I told a friend what had happened. He said right away, "You flew Pan Am, didn't you?" :(

Dean,

As a native of Southern California, I would reccomend that you not get too far from the airport. But first, I'm not sure how many Malaysian Airlines flights there are but I'm pretty sure that you are not going to be able to check in for your flight more than 3 hours prior to departure, so really your 6 hours or 8 whatever is really cut down. Also, while looking around the last time I was at LAX I didn't notice a left luggage counter, which would mean that you have to lug everything around with you. The In n Out burger idea mentioned prior is not too bad, its close to the airport and 50 feet from a small park where you can watch jets fly right over your head. One block away is a shopping center with a grocery store, Starbucks and other eating places. It would probably be more interesting to go to Santa Monica or something but the traffic can really fuck you up at a moments notice.

If you hang out at LAX there are some good places to eat in the Bradley terminal. I've never eaten at the Theme Building, but it seems like it should be a nice place to eat. In the Bradley Terminal, up the elevators just to the right is a place that I can't rememebr the name but they have a nice Chicken Pot Pie. Yes its a rip off but its good.

Have a nice trip.

Archived