Why No Closets

unit731

It seems you ask to have them built here.

Still, the house I am in now has one huge closet in a sort of wardrobe room. My old apartment had a bedroom closet, as did the house before that. Come to think of it so did my first apartment in Bangkok. Maybe only houses aren't supposed to have closets.

Not only closets...

I've looked at quite a few new Villas / Houses and noticed most of them do not have a kitchen included

Seems you have to BYO Kitchen,,,,as well as closets

It's not hard to run up half a mill for a reasonable Kitchen.....so I guess it's all cost related

Strange way to run a Railroad IMHO

• Like 1

No fitttings in the bathroom is common too. Usually you are just buying the shell and since everyone has different ideas they leave it up to you to design, and pay for, the kitchen etc. A lot of Thais still don't use a kitchen hardly in any case, only eating out, others only cook outside, a good idea sometimes, think frying fresh chillies in the house!!! A lot of newer places are leaving the floors bare because clients want different materials but again it saves the builders costs whilst the house price stays pretty much the same of course.

• 3 weeks later...

My house in Chiang Mai was built with no closets. I had to buy 6 teak wardrobe closets. I had a kitchen (no oven) built on the inside. Once I got married, my wife insisted on the same kitchen on the outside, covered. I should have had one built on the outside at our house in Kansas City. Two or three times a week, I have to leave the house because my eyes are burning.