Where To Buy? 5.5 M Budget Near Bts

sidsanuk

Just interested in where you guys would buy a condo. I'm looking to buy something small, near a bts/mrt station. Within 200 meters. I have a budget of 5.5 million. Looking at Thong Lor currently. Are there other areas worth looking at?

I'm looking for a reasonable building with 'decent' neighbors. I like a quiet life ....

Any thoughts appreciated.

5.5 Million in Tonglor would get you a shoe box about 1 KM from BTS station, average price in that district is now THB 150,000 SQM so your 5.5 Million would get you a 36 SQM place.

Prices are a lot lower over at Khrung Thon Buri and as the line extends further I expect prices to also drop

What's wrong with On Nut ? Dont know how 'quiet' it is out there, but it has a BTS station and a huge mall - last year, I saw a post from an English teacher on TV who claimed he had bought a condo out there for a million baht. I dont know where a teacher is coming by a million baht, but if he can do it, surely prices havent surged so quickly in a single year ?

Take a look at Le Premier II, Sukhumvit 59 [Thonglor].

Medium-sized/Middle-aged block now under refurbishment; pool, gym etc. More than OP's 200 metres to the skytrain - about a ten minute walk to Thonglor. Soi doesn't flood in the rainy season. 24/7 security. Plenty of taxis pass by. Don't bother with agents: go to the condo office to find out what's on the market in the block. No problems with expat quota - mainly [quiet] Thai middle-class residents with sprinking of Japanese and Caucasians. Apartment configurations vary from 2beds up.

Pal has lived there for five years - no complaints from him.

• 1 month later...

If you are still looking, try this one. My family had lived there for 2 years. On the Phrakhanong BTS station.

Sukhumvit Plus

When they were completed (we were the first tenants, October 2006.) i think the prices were 4.6 mil. Out of 175 units, there are dozens on sale at any moment. Real estate agency (the link is to their site) was on the ground floor, catering mainly for the building.

Archived