Anyone Remember The Good Old Days?

jw_marryrit

It would be interesting to see the figures for disposable income ( ie. after taxes and living costs )......after all,its whats left at the end of the week/month to spend on essentials such as beer and ladies that matters :hubbahubba::grinyes:

Dexi my point exactly take a bow Sir.

On Paper ie HMRC declarations I will be earning USD 60,000 per annum, whereas in reality I will be closer to USD 225,000 per annum, the figures jon posted were based on tax returns and not true income. Why should I pay myself a big salary and incur 50% tax NI and corporate NIC's when as a Sole Director / Sole Shareholder I am allowed to draw from the Company directors dividends i.e. Profit after on 20% Corporation tax.

Company Pay for Accommodation CHECK

Company Pay for Vehicle Hire CHECK

Company pays for Corporate expenses CHECK

All of this comes out of the Company before profit is declared, it does not matter if a multinational or a one man band the same rules apply in the UK, as my old Tag Line used to say Know the Rules, Learn the Tricks, Play the Game, I am into Game Playing Mode now :)

I mentioned State and Federal Taxes in the US as well as Healthcare, I used to work / live in Houston TX so I am not grabbing figures out of nowhere and as you rightly said it is what is left in the bank at the end to each month is the bottom line.

Money to Spend on

Damn I may even get Cent involved in this thread with a VDO like that!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The stats cited were purchasing power parity (PPP) which is adjusted for difference in the cost of living in different

countries.

per capita income (definition) is used to measure a country's standard of living.

It is derived from: numerator----total national income (GDP),

denominator-number of people in the nation

jon'

no need to post in bold to show your anger, as I previously stated you are contradicting yourself, on one hand you are saying American CEO's are the highest paid in the world yet you are including their salaries in the GDP which skews figures up.

Look back at the 99% Movement last year, 99% of money is in the hands of 1% of the population.

GDP has nothing to do with average income, so don't start quoting that at me.

As I said before look at the average middlemen your 90% not your CEO's and not your immigrants and then show me figures, should make interesting reading.

As much as it pains me to say such, since I do have many American Friends in Real life as well as online, but your arrogant attitude is why Americans are viewed as a bunch of self centred twats by the the rest of the world.

I hope you are happy in your delusional world!

Jon46 was implying in his post by stating "Living as an "expat" can spoil a person very quickly, more so for Brits whose salaries are a fraction of those in the USA." that USA Citizens are better paid than Brits which is a myth.

In the US the Federal Minimum Wage is USD 7.25 / Hour whereas in the UK it is GBP 6.19 which at todays exchange rate comes to USD 9.60 / Hour expressed as a ratio as 1.325:1 or as a fraction 13.25/10. A Fraction is made up of two parts the Numerator and the Denominator N/D = Fraction, there is no rule in Math that state that the Numerator cannot be grater than the Denominator but usually are expressed as mixed numbers thereby 15/10 could be expressed as 1 1/2. Sorry I didn't realise I had to teach you basic Math.

Im sorry, was there a need to be insulting? Didn't you talk about civil discussion just a few days ago? Oh yes, here it is.....

link to kong talking about respectful dialogue.

Now then, to your post. Using the minimum wage is interesting, but it comes no where near the full story. I paid $3.50/gal for gas yesterday. What is it in the UK? $6 a gal?

My point is, with out adding in the tax rate and things like gas prices, food prices, education prices, ect., just using the minimum wage... is as you say "a non-argument."

Look back at the 99% Movement last year, 99% of money is in the hands of 1% of the population.

Sorry, that is just not true. Please site your source.

My 3 strongest subjects even from High School days have been Math, Physics and Chemistry hence the reason I do the job I do now.

Interesting. I am mostly a research chemist. What do you do now?

Archived