Diets - Separating What Works From What Doesnt ...

gobbledonk

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flasher, I would hope that you arent imagining ANY BM being fat / skinny / naked / Republican ! :neener:

Back in my misspent youth, I shared a house with two girls. One of them was a fat but jolly lass who decided she no longer wanted to be fat - bought a bunch of shakes etc and lost a serious amount of weight over about 2-3 months. While it was impressive to see her bod shrink, it was bloody horrifying to realise that the 'skinny girl inside' was older and uglier than the fat lady I'd moved in with ! She had a boyfriend through all of this, and I couldn't help feeling that he had similar misgivings. Without the fat pushing her cheeks out, her features looked sunken and gaunt - maybe she overdid it, but it was scary nonetheless.

Long story short, first sign that my dashing good looks are fading and I'm straight back into the chocolate ice-cream ! ;)

Mekong, stop smoking and report back in, oh, 3 months with an update - I guarantee that you will gain weight. I'll just set my sights on 90kg as as something resembling a *realistic* target, BMI be damned. Your 'prescription' is another reason that so many people fail at the whole diet and exercise thing - unrealistic goals. I'm just going to give the walking+water another month before I consider anything more radical.

DS, sorry to hear that you have the opposite problem, and especially sorry to hear that beer tastes bad.

Mekong, stop smoking and report back in, oh, 3 months with an update - I guarantee that you will gain weight. I'll just set my sights on 90kg as as something resembling a *realistic* target, BMI be damned. Your 'prescription' is another reason that so many people fail at the whole diet and exercise thing - unrealistic goals. I'm just going to give the walking+water another month before I consider anything more radical.

DS, sorry to hear that you have the opposite problem, and especially sorry to hear that beer tastes bad.

Gobbie, since when has my smoking become an issue of you being a Fat Bastard? I could not see me gaining 38% body weight in 3 months just because I stopped smoking, most days I eat 4-5 meals as it is so I cannot see it increasing.

For the past 30 years I have been 183 / 66 KG with a 32 inch waist, never changed, when I stopped drinking I never lost weight, in fact I never had a beer belly, perhaps I am one of the lucky few who can eat and drink what they wish without any detromental affect on my body.

I don't work out as such just take a daily walk, though some might say that walking in Bangkoks heat and humidity is an extreme workout, stop off somewhere for a bite to eat and 30 minutes relax then move on again

For the Record the first time I met Flashermac he was surprised at how lean I am, he had the mental image of me being a laed arse.

Beware. I stayed at my Vietnam Army days weight until I hit 50. I could eat all day and not gain an ounce. After I 50 or so, a switch seemed to click off. Now I can gain weight just thinking about food. I eat less than before, but I weigh 20 lbs more. I am fat rather than obese, but i still don't like it. :(

Archived