Diets - Separating What Works From What Doesnt ...

gobbledonk

If you cant see that smoking is an appetite suppressant - and used as such by models, jockeys and others - then I cant fill in the dots for you. I'm happy to leave it there.

It is. A lot like caffeine. But even when I quit I did not gain 30% For me that would be gaining all of the 60lbs I lost back! I did though, see a gain of about 10 lbs as I sought to replace one habit for another. (I.e., eating.)

Gob there is no magic pill other than some surgeries, or there would be no fat people in the world. As I said, I lost 60lbs once... It took about a year and the mind control it took to do is staggering. I doubt you can do it with out help.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being skinny would have weed one from the genetic pool, not so long ago, when a solid deposit of fat was essential to row the long boat about the freezing winter north seas, seeking the recreational raping and pillaging, that was the cultural forbear of today's mongering...

Being skinny would have weed one from the genetic pool, not so long ago, when a solid deposit of fat was essential to row the long boat about the freezing winter north seas, seeking the recreational raping and pillaging, that was the cultural forbear of today's mongering...

Coss, I'm increasingly worried about what all that Beer Lao is doing to you - posts of late seem to be about increasingly violent topics. And here I was thinking you sheep shaggers were a gentle lot .... :neener:

Coss, I'm increasingly worried about what all that Beer Lao is doing to you - posts of late seem to be about increasingly violent topics. And here I was thinking you sheep shaggers were a gentle lot .... :neener:

Actually, what he wrote is very true. Getting fat and the desire to eat all that we can is deep rooted in survival. Back as little as a few hundred years ago, except for royalty, a good meal was a rare thing. Over millions of years we evolved to eat as much as posable when it was available because it was rarely available. Now that food is just about everywhere, millions of years of genetic marking are not such a great thing.

Actually I am not one for set meal times, with the exception of breakfast which I eat each morning religiously, OK no more Vodka on my cornflakes(I jest you not) but some days cereal and toast and others a fry up, apart from that I just eat when I am hungry. I am not a "It's 12 O Clock lunch time" or "It's 6PM its dinner time" person.

One of the great things about Thailand is the abundance of fresh heathy food available 24 hours per day, what is wrong with having a bowl of noodles at 10AM then a bag of pineapple 2 hours later then taking lunch at 3PM, the amount I eat daily I should be a right porky but I am not, I must have hollow legs or something because I am built like a racing snake.

I can understand and empathise with peoples eating disorders since I spent the best part of 25 years of my life as an alcoholic, in fact I am still one now but I tell myself every morning "DONT DRINK" it works most days.

IMHO it is not the quantatity of the food consumed but the quality, in Europe I tend to notice the Northern Europeans larger built than their Iberian relatives, in the South it tends to be the Italians and Romanians who carry excess weight.

it is also noticeable in Thailand due to the abundance of Junk food your 45KG 5'6" bargirl is just a distant memory :(

5' 6" was tall! The average TG in the 1970s and '80s was about 5'2', guys no more than 5' 6". Gorgeous figure with a waist you could almost reach your hands around (the girls, I mean). Not any more. Even Thais are talking about the size of the new generation. Most TGs have grown taller without keeping things in proportion, a fair number of bean poles these days. City girls are used to feasting on crap "fast food" and there are many more fatties now.

I'm about 6' even and when I came here often attracted attention with comments on my height. Not any more. A few of the guys are even taller than I am. :p

Archived