Rip Eyebee

khunsanuk

Hi,

"It is a much better scenario than the one that know it all sheep shagger published last Sunday"

Looks like he jumped the gun again. Well, at least he didn't insinuate that Ian's death may not have been due to natural causes as he did when Soongmak passed away.

BTW, Ian did have a will, but only a UK one and for some weird reason the Thai gov did not want to recognize it. Don't know the details, but apparently they would only accept the will for the liquid assets (money, stock, etc).

KS

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He probably had more fun in one week than most people have in their entire lifetime. It is not the age at one passes away that matters but how much living you did during your time here.

Sage words.

Wish I could attain this. A goal I continually seek.

Hi,

"It is a much better scenario than the one that know it all sheep shagger published last Sunday"

Looks like he jumped the gun again. Well, at least he didn't insinuate that Ian's death may not have been due to natural causes as he did when Soongmak passed away.

BTW, Ian did have a will, but only a UK one and for some weird reason the Thai gov did not want to recognize it. Don't know the details, but apparently they would only accept the will for the liquid assets (money, stock, etc).

KS

Hi KS we won't get into a discussion about Mr Mint Sauce, I do know he has said a lot more to piss you off than he has done towards me I don't even bother looking at his advertisement weekly anymore.

It is correct about recognition of foreign wills in Thailand, it comes under civil and commercial code and I am to lazy too look up which article at the moment (I am sick of Law to be honest) and my wife is bed, thank fuck she has been nagging me since 7AM and I need a rest haha.

For non liquid (Fixed) assets it is required that one needs a Thai will to ensure distribution at your requests, I am sure that this rule is also applicable to other countries e.g. I would not expect a UK will to cover my fixed assets if I had such in Canada, UK will only works in EU countries.

My recent legal battle has been with UK, hence the reason the wife has been nagging me all day. if ones income is in excess of GBP 77,000 per annum one needs to be VAT registered, lets just say I will be above the threshold and I have been asking them all week can I invoice you at hourly rate +20% VAT or am I expected to adsorb the VAT from the rate offered, if so we need to renegotiate. Simple question.

All I got was "You can use our umbrella company" and I was like Fuck you they are asking for too many details, My Passport page and National Insurance (Social Security) number is all you need. They were asking for crap such as Driving Licence Details, I told a lie but stated "I don't drive so don't have a driving licence" which shut them up a little, then they were asking for Bank Details to which I point blank refused even HMRC (UK Tax office) cannot get offshore bank details without a court order and a good reason you expect me to tell you freely. Then they asked me for utility bills to which I was "what the hell do my utility bills in a foreign country have to do with working in the UK" I then explained further that my bills are all in Thai, can you read them? FFS after 20 years in Thailand it still takes me a few moments to translate a Thai utility bill into my stupid English, what chance would these cunts have with Thai bills, even though it is not a legal requirement. I told them straight "I am not an Indian or Pakistani (no offence to either nationality implied) but a fucking brit national coming home for a few months, If my name Was Mekong Walenska and I had a Polish passport I would not be given this shit.

Today I finally got an answer, yes I can invoice at hourly rate +20% VAT, I did request that they resent the email from their legal department with a reference number. I have found a company in UK who will set me up as LTD Company and for a small Fee I can use their office address as my registered office and they will provide company secretary all they needed was my passport details page and a form completed I submitted details at 5PM Thai time, by 9PM Thai time i had a registered UK LTD Company, so why was it so difficult for the past 4 days, honestly the more dealings I have with the UK the more disillusioned I am becoming, can no one give me a simple yes or no answer in one minute rather than have me jumping through hoops for 4 days.

I thought I used to be intolerable when I was a Drinking Alcoholic, now I am a non Drinking Alcoholic I am worse, I don't suffer fools lightly if at all.

Yesterday some poor woman at a bank in the UK got both barrels off me, I asked my Mother to transfer some funds to one of my offshore accounts and she was asking for IBAN details, fortunately my Mother contacted via SKYPE (we are cheap cunts) and let me speak to her.

First question I asked her was what does IBAN mean, it's your code she replied, again I asked what does the Acronym IBAN stand for, she had no idea I had to tell her it means International Banking Access Number. Then I asked her how is the number derived, she replied everyone has a unique number, again "HOW IS THE NUMBER DERIVED?" she had no idea, I had to tell her that IBAN number is first 6 Digits are the Bank Sort Code then followed by account number, she works in a bank and didn't even know the basics. By this time I was pissed and asked to speak to her boss, "My Boss is not Available" she replied so I was OK put me through to the fucking Manager NOW. Eventually I got to talk with someone superior and explained that IBAN only works in EU, in other countries we use SWIFT whereby the SWIFT code is banks head office in the country then account number the first 3 Digits specify the Branch, don't you teach your staff anything nowadays.

She was very apologetic but to late for me now, I asked for current balance and then requested the whole lot to be transferred they were like Mr Mekong that would mean shutting down your account you have been a customer for over 40 years now, I was like tough shit transfer all my money now and I wont be a customer anymore then at least you will get no more shit off me.

She complained but I did ask her "Do You Speak English" yes I do was the reply so I told her to shut the fuck up and comply with my request.

IDIOTS the UK has gone to the dogs, if it wasn't for the fact that my Parents are both getting on in age and are both in bad health I would not touch the UK with a barge pole but I want to spend at least one last summer with them rather than get the dreaded phone call come home for a funeral.

As much as an obnoxious twat I may come across online anyone in real life would say opposite. I am prepared to leave Thailand for a few months earn less money and get hammered by Income tax Just so I can spend what maybe the last summer with their parents, is that the actions of an asshole?

"As much as an obnoxious twat I may come across online anyone in real life would say opposite. I am prepared to leave Thailand for a few months earn less money and get hammered by Income tax Just so I can spend what maybe the last summer with their parents, is that the actions of an asshole?"

If you want to hear it straight up then the answer is yes, your way of thinking is the actions of an asshole.

You should spend as much time, be it the "last summer" or otherwise with your parents without any thought to paying income tax.

In fact, you would find it more rewarding and feel better for it when they eventually do pass away if you spent the time with them without the need of feeling that you gave something up to do so in the form of paying a bit of tax.

If I could turn the clock back I would have done things differently before my dad died two years ago. I always had plans to take him on a cruise, treat him to something that was once in a lifetime but time ran out. I did spend many a holiday with him and had some great times but it wasn't enough.

Don't make the same mistake.

As for the VAT stuff. What the fuck are you on about? I have been working in the UK now for almost 4 years having left Dubai where I lived for 13 years. I earn above the VAT threshold but as my clients are in countries where they are not subject to our VAT I simply don't add it to the invoice and my VAT returns are nil every time. No drama, no problems.

You can also spend 90 days in UK without being classed as resident for tax purposes.

Might be a better idea to move all Mekong's tax and business issues to it's own thread hey? I'm glad he's sacrificing so much to spend some time with his family, but the title implies a real gentleman left this earth recently, and that's what it's about right?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Ian's cremation will be on Saturday March 2nd at 2pm at Chomlong Temple on Rama III (BKK).

Ricky (owner/manager of Private Dancer in PTY) is organising a boat for the afternoon of the 6th, and hosting a "down and dirty" party in the evening of the same day. He needs to have numbers for the boat trip so can you contact him direct if you're going to join them at vixensnana@yahoo.com.

KS

Archived