Rip Eyebee

khunsanuk

Ambulances do exist in Bangkok, it it was not for the paramedics I would not be posting today. There is no 999 (UK) 0r 911 (USA) number to call. you need to call the hospital emergency service direct.

About 18 months ago I had a heart seizure and was technically dead for four minutes, the ambulance arrived the paramedics stabilised me and the next think I knew I came too in ICU 48 hours later with my cardiologist looking as if he had seen a ghost, how did i live.

As I said there is no common emergency number, one needs to find the emergency number of your local hospital and have it stored on your phone even before you need to use it, who knows it could save a life and my Girlfriends (now wife) quick thinking saved mine.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mekong, do 191, 1669 and 199 not work anymore? I have been gone for over 2 years so maybe that has changed.

They do but they get you a cheap Government Hospital with a 2 hour waiting time.

Far better of to have the emergency number for a private hospital close to home, for me BNH is 2 minutes away with the Blues and Twos in operation. If I had used 191,199 or 1669 I very much doubt that I would be posting today

Mekong,

Not sure what you mean with his clients as to be best of my knowledge he never owned a company of any kind.

Do fully agree with your thoughts of us celebrating his life, which is something he most certainly have prefered to us mourning his passing.

KS

KS

Clients was a polite way of stating the female company he employed for his recreational fun.

Mekong,

Not sure what you mean with his clients as to be best of my knowledge he never owned a company of any kind.

Do fully agree with your thoughts of us celebrating his life, which is something he most certainly have prefered to us mourning his passing.

KS

By "clients" I think maybe Mekong means the tilaks. Eyebee didn't own a company. Yes, he will certainly be missed by them...he was always extremely generous with the LDs, for which the bar owners were most appreciative. I'm sure their profits fell when he was out of town!

Ian was a computer whiz who wrote his own poker machine system program, which he used on trips to Macau, Angeles and Perth...just gave him a small edge he reckoned. He made the mistake of telling the bar owners when he'd had a big win. Word very quickly spread to the girls, and Ian never begrudged sharing his good fortune with LDs and tips - much to their squeals of delight!

I believe Ricky from Private Dancer has been very kind in liaising with the police and trying to contact Ian's friends in the UK.

Ian had a high Mensa IQ, and also had an encyclopaedic knowledge of pop music, so much so that the topic was off limits in some Pattaya quizzes he attended...the tourists didn't stand a chance! He once came second in an all UK Beatles trivia radio competition.

Sadly, we'll be allowed to answer questions on the Fab Four again now, and we'll toast Ian's memory. He'll be turning in his urn in frustration if we get them wrong!

:beer:, Eyebee.

Archived