How Far Are You Willing To Walk?

unit731

Many years ago (too many I care to remember), I visited my friend, an expat working in Bangkok, and I

stayed at his apt on Sukhumvit 46. One day, I walked from his apt to Silom road around Rama IV where Jim Thompson's shop was located.

You must have got lost then since JT shop is on Surawong

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never walk for any longer than max 10 minutes in the cities. I dislike the noise, the polution and the crowds.

Gimme a nice AC taxi any day.

But I have walked the entire perimeter of Koh Chang in Trat years back, Koh Samet, Koh Ngai and recently the same on Koh Tarutao. The early Koh Chang walk and the recent Koh Tarutao walk were by far the most interesting ones. Long hours of not seing a single soul, just deserted beaches and jungle.

I love walking and as long as I have sufficient food and drink, I can go on for days in the right enviroment = nature, national parks and such.

While living up in the sticks in Isan, I enjoyed walking too. Would often walk from the Moobaan into town, it was like 5 miles, but of course I was invariably picked up by local motorists, who thought it a scandal that a farang had to walk this far :D

Archived