Your Home Country. What Do People Say?

unit731

OK. Some live in Thailand.

Many are vistitors to Thailand. Many choose Thailand for holiday or vacation.

When you return to your home country or country of origin - what do people say to you once you tell them or they find out that you visited Thailand?

Positive comments? Negative comments? Or complete ignorance of Thailand?

And some have family members in home country or country of origin. Are family member comments any different? Same question if you have co- workers in home country.

100% positive, but then everyone at work knows what I'm like, plus they all seem to have chosen the LOS as their holiday destination this year..

I think people are getting over the lady factor of Thailand, and are starting to realise it is genuinely a great holiday destination, especially the girls (at work) - who lap up the holiday resort type places.

They say the same thing they said when I moved from Kentucky to Los Angeles. The same thing when I went to Berlin for a year -- > WHY are you going over there? America is the greatest country in the world. Is it the women??? yep. Is it the food? sometimes. Is it the exotic environment? ehhhh, maybe. Mostly it's just staying alive - and by alive i don't mean breathing - i mean not being spiritually dead. Fuck the rest. Fuck the grind, fuck the SNL spoofs, fuck the brain dead cretin middle managers that impact our lives - just need a little bit more.....

My daughter told me few times, 'you go to Thailand for sex!' [i confess my sin, my frequent sin, my wilful sin; all my powers of body and soul are defiled: a fountain of pollution is deep within my nature. There are chambers of foul images within my being; I have gone from one odious room to another, walked in a no-man's-land of dangerous imaginations, pried into the secrets of my fallen nature. Shame on me.]

When I told friends that I was moving here one said 'What are you going to do if you get sick?' Another advised me that 75% of Thai girls were HIV positive.

I grew up in Central CA surrounded by wheat farms and I moved to SoCal first opportunity. I was contacted by someone I knew in grammer school and asked him 'Where is so-and-so and so-and-so?' The idiots had all married each other and stayed in the same area! My brother visited me several years ago and said that if something happened to his wife he would move here. I suggested that he bring her over and we could see about 'something' happening but he declined.

Some people said that I was nuts when I moved to LOS. I could have stayed in San Diego but didn't and have no desire to go back again.

zen

Archived