Cheap Charlie

bust

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some years ago, I had dinner at a friend's home and he had a couple (american guy who is married to a lady from Taiwan).

Judging the way she was dressed and smoked, I assumed he met her when he was in the service abroad. The lady was attractive.

What was interesting was some days later, I spoke to my friend on another subject and later he mentioned to me that the lady from Taiwan

"come from money"...Gee! Being polite, I did not want to correct him. Some years later, I heard that the couple had money problems and the guy went to Saudi Arabia to work as a military contractor and the lady went to Taiwan also to work. The kids were of high school age.

I'm always fascinated how Farangs "judge" people, I often go to punk concerts, the great unwashed artists plunking away, anywhere else you could make all sorts of assumptions, in Thailand though many are from very wealthy families, who else could afford to be a rebel without a cause in a developing country?

I'm always fascinated how Farangs "judge" people, I often go to punk concerts, the great unwashed artists plunking away, anywhere else you could make all sorts of assumptions, in Thailand though many are from very wealthy families, who else could afford to be a rebel without a cause in a developing country?

Shoe other foot?????? The OP was about the interpretation of "Cheap Charlie" from a Thai/Farang perspective. Not sure how Punk Rock and Military Contractors in Saudi Arabia

Archived