Cheap Charlie

bust

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good part of it is the bar owners insisting every girl has to meet a lady drink quota or pay for the difference out of her salary.

Funny you should say that Frash as I spoke to a girl the other week who said her boss "biggest cheap charlie ever"

Do also know a girl who started working in Strap in NP and knocked back drinks from punters politely saying "no thank you. I not drink just work here because I like to dance" :cheerleader:

Once upon a time during the notorious Nanapong Dance Contests, the guys paying for them decided to pass around a plastic bucket to accept donations. The DC's cost the guys a lot out of their own pockets, even as much as 100,000 baht or so. They had to BF the dancers, pay for their taxis to the site, pay for their drinks and put up the cash prizes. It was irritating to see how many of the guys who were cheering the dancers and having a blast simply refused to put in one satang. I saw a couple of guys chuck in a 10 baht coin, others a 20 baht note ... most nothing. A few crossed their arms across their chest and glared at the girls with the bucket. Passing the hat was only tried a few times because of that.

People wonder why the DC's came to an end. Well, besides being a lot of work to put on, they were simply too damned expensive to continue.

Blast from the past. Came across this promotional video of one of the Nanpong dance contests tucked away on my hard disk.

Must admit I did go to a couple of them and they were great fun, although I was one of the cheap charlies never donating very much. :help:

https://dl.dropbox.c...ercialFinal.wmv

Seem to also remember one story when a couple of light-fingered katoey got wind of the plastic bucket donation system at the end of the contests and decided to go round with their own bucket. When it was full of several thousand Baht, rather than hand it over to the organisers, they scarpered with the loot!

Yep, that was the promo from the Nanapong site. The site was pulled when a few bungholes decided it would be fun to get the nightlife board owners into trouble and get them kicked out of the country. Stickman pulled his site too for a while, and I'm sure KS can tell you a few things.

There was a long "private" video that featured some nudity from the DCs. I lost that when in an HD crash. :(

Was in Pattaya last week for the funeral for member Ian. There was a 'party' for his send off at a gogo bar in Walking Street. It happened to be on a day where the manager has a 'free food' night. There were so many old grey headed and bald headed balloon chasers there it was amazing. When the chow line was called open they rushed the doors and a line a good 20 yards long queued up from outside the bar to inside. A long line. Within 15 minutes there was nothing but scraps. I saw some of these old cheapskates go up 2 or 3 times to get food, and some had piled plate upon bowl filled with food in a stack to bring back to their chair. They ate like they were starving and hadn't eaten all day. Looked like a fucking Zombie movie. Disgusting behavior. I'd be willing to bet the manager doesn't see these guys all week until the free buffet night, and they never buy more than one or two drinks while there. The balloon chasers are scumbags. The true 'cheap charlies' of the expat community.

I hear it is why Los Cabos had to discontinue their Friday night buffet (and many other places that did the same for their regular customers). Too many balloon chasers showing up, spending hardly anything, and eating all the food so the regular spending customers, and even those from here who met on Friday nights and who spent some good money there during the meet up, had to fight for a burrito or taco.

Balloon chaser = cheap charlie = scumbags The ugly side of under funded expat retirees and douchebags. No self pride at all, and a 'hurray for me and fuck you all' attitude.

April 12 :rolleyes:

Need to find someone with free food

Careful busty old mate....you may get referred to as a..........

Balloon chaser = cheap charlie = scumbags The ugly side of under funded expat retirees and douchebags. No self pride at all, and a 'hurray for me and fuck you all' attiitude ..................to quote a previous poster

:shocked:

Archived