Writing In Thai: Win 7 Pro

gawguy

I've been using W7 Ultimate so I'm not familiar with Pro. I see a very good deal on a used laptop with Pro installed, but I need to write in English & Thai, and run my dictionary program which requires Thai. I have some info, but not quite sure how to interpret it.

It seems that the Thai language pack is not available for Pro, so this would prevent me from doing what I need to do. Is that right? If so it seems extremely limiting.

(What would happen if I clone my drive with Ultimate and put it into a different computer? It won't run will it?)

Thanks,

Gaw Guy

Just out of curiosity I googled "windows seven pro Thai Language Pack" and got what looked like "About 2,780,000 results (0.26 seconds) "

amongst which were:

Link

and

Link

I'm sorry I can't provide a more definitive solution as I'm a Mac guy and don't understand Windows.

Just out of curiosity I googled "windows seven pro Thai Language Pack" and got what looked like "About 2,780,000 results (0.26 seconds) "

amongst which were:

Link

and

Link

I'm sorry I can't provide a more definitive solution as I'm a Mac guy and don't understand Windows.

Thanks. That's the info I saw before that's saying language packs are not available for W7 Pro. I find that so hard to believe!

Same as Coss I am a Mac Man rather than Windows'

Surely the "Writing in Thai" Function has nothing to do with the Operating System but is based upon the applications you are running. Office does have language packs as TTM pointed out (see TTM I can agree with you) which I assume you are using Damn I can even type in Thai on my Office Mac 2011

Okay. Thanks for the help. I'm sure I'd be able to switch the keyboard and write in Thai. I'm not over confident that I could get my Dictionary program to produce letters rather than garbage characters. Maybe. That is also probably a limited use of the language function, so it probably wouldn't require the full functionality that the language packs provide. I may find out eventually. For the moment the used computer I saw for sale that had W7 Pro seems to have to have been sold. Looking at others of the type that I like, I don't see any good prices on ones that have Ultimate so I may end up with one that has Pro or Enterprise.

Thanks a lot.

Gaw Guy

Archived