Trying To Find A "f*ing Deluded" Classic

Wallenda

Hi,

Don't think he ever really posted here, and no idea what happened to him to be honest. Never actually met him.

I'll see what I can do to post the stories. Will probably end up in the form of web pages rather than posts as that is how I have them. Just need to wrap them in a decent template first.

Sanuk!

A few years ago I had a colleague who married a non-BG he'd met in a bank or somewhere similar. He "bought" a condo for them to live in, sinking almost all of his savings into it. After a year or so, the Mrs went to stay with her family. One day the guy saw a rent overdue notice on his door. He ignored it, as he did the next one. The third time he found himself locked out!

He went to complain, insisting he owned the condo. A lawyer explained to him that what he had was a rental agreement, not a purchase. The guy had not even bothered to have it translated before he signed it and handed 3.5 million baht over to his Mrs. She had been paying the rent regularly, until she "moved out". The husband (if indeed he legally was) was left with about 180,000 baht to his name!

He quit the university at the end of the term and went to work in the Middle East to try to make more money. He was Brit in his mid 40s, well educated - would have expected him to have more sense.

I did see that story about the guy living in his car that was on the Stickman site, but that wasn't the one I had in mind.

Yeah I guess there's tons of simliar stories but this one I was trying to find was even mor eamazing because the guy had already been royally screwed over yet still was hanging onto this desperate hope, and still "couldn't believe it" and kept saying so. The series of humiliations just kept getting more and more painful to watch, but his persevering "love" in the face of it just held fast.

A few years ago I had a colleague who married a non-BG he'd met in a bank or somewhere similar. He "bought" a condo for them to live in, sinking almost all of his savings into it. After a year or so, the Mrs went to stay with her family. One day the guy saw a rent overdue notice on his door. He ignored it, as he did the next one. The third time he found himself locked out!

He went to complain, insisting he owned the condo. A lawyer explained to him that what he had was a rental agreement, not a purchase. The guy had not even bothered to have it translated before he signed it and handed 3.5 million baht over to his Mrs. She had been paying the rent regularly, until she "moved out". The husband (if indeed he legally was) was left with about 180,000 baht to his name!

He quit the university at the end of the term and went to work in the Middle East to try to make more money. He was Brit in his mid 40s, well educated - would have expected him to have more sense.

People such as you have mentioned are the norm to be honest, do they not get translation of marriage certificate from city hall? Do they not go to land registery and ensure the Condo is in there name, etc etc, some people just follow their little brain.

Even though I was bulletproof, or so I thought it still took me over 18 months to get back what was rightfully mine through the Thai Justice system, the more I read stories like this the more I am thinking that I am the only Farang who has stood up for justice in Thailand.

Anyone considering buying land and a house or land and developing property on it, a usufrut agreement is better than a lease agreement, I won't bore you with the details on here but my only advice is "Use a Lawyer" of your choosing not your wife's .

Kong

There is one farang (Brit) out Surin way and he got "his" house back. One of the few

that used the Thai legal system to fight for what was his!

There is another farang that picked a lousy lawyer and didn't get squat!

Lots of stories out there....

Cav

I think the perception is due to the fact that people in a happy stable relationship or people who win court cases are very rarely posted whereas the guys who get screwed over tend to vent their spleen online.

I know many guys who have been happily married to a Thai either here in Thailand or back in their home country for over 20 years but it would make boring reading on a forum or a certain Kiwi's site.

Back around 20 years ago a guy in the US decided he was sick of reading bad news. He started the 'Good News Paper.' It printed only pleasant news, stories of people helping each other etc. He went bankrupt in a few years, since it seems people prefer to read bad news. Good news is boring. :(

Truth.

It is pretty much all you ever post.

Archived