Visa Extension Crunch ?

gawguy

I don't know if I should be talking about an extension or a renewal.

I have a re-entry stamp valid until April 9, 2013. I have an O-A visa. Right now I have a plane ticket to arrive Thailand April 6.

I think what I want is a one year extension of my O-A, along with multiple entry. Or is it a renewal?

Does this mean I have to apply before April 9? Which means letter from the bank, proof of residence, go to Jomtien on or before April 8? Is April 9 too late to apply? What should I be applying for exactly?

(Or, once I arrive they will give me 30 day stay, or 90 day stay, and I can apply for extension within that time frame?)

I'm totally out at sea on this.

Help! Thanks...Gaw Guy

You want an extension, since you have a visa. If you are here, it doesn't matter when you re-entry permit expires ... if your visa has not expired too.

As soon as you land, get over to Immigration for a renewal with whatever they require. If you let your visa expire, you will have to start all over again.

its not too late to apply on the last day of validity of your visa...just be sure you are able to file the extension application that day or face expiry & loss of everything haha. further documents can be provided while application is in progress if needed....but that require another trip to immigration and so on :)

good luck!

Correct 3 days only

You have until 9/4/13 to apply for your 12 month extension to stay, since 6/7 are weekend I would recommend going to Jomtien on 8/4/13 since application can be made up to 30 days in advance.

You may not get 12 months on that day, maybe 30 Days extension Whilst Under Consideration" don't worry this is par for the course especially in BKK, report 30 days later an pick up your 12 month extension to stay.

As Flash stated don't let it run out, if you do you have to start the whole process again whereas with an extension to Stay only need to Show 800K in the bank for prior 3 months for O-A.

Archived