Do Different Bank Offices Have Different Swift Codes

gawguy

I need to wire some money to SCB in Pattaya.

SICOTHBK is one code I see online.

SICOTHBKXXX is another.

Or does my each branch have a different code? I didn't think so. I have done several transfers to Bangkok Bank but I got their SWIFT code at my branch. Now I'm in USA and need to get the code from here.

Thanks...GG

I'm thinking about doing a test transfer since my bank on the sending end won't charge a fee. The receiving bank does not charge a fee does it? Would it be too strange to wire $100 as a test? After that I'll send several K.

And...the receiving bank does verify that the name on the transfer and the bank account are the same, true?

Thanks..GG

If SCB you can use SCB EASY to check your balance log onto website and use account number as username and PIN as password.

Receiving bank, in your case Pattaya, will only show funds transferred from SCB Head Office in BKK, not the transfer from the States.

Kong

....It sure does.....no such thing as a free lunch in LOS

I did not know that! (Johnny Carson expression) I've done wire transfers to BKK Bank and didn't remember seeing a fee, but that was long ago and I don't think I looked for a fee anyway. So now that you've given me this info I've searched and found this posted from 2011: "Siam Commercial Bank advised me yesterday that their fees for an International Money Transfer were 0.25% of the amount transferred (to a maximum of 500 Baht)." I have a test transfer of $500 that I will just let proceed and see if this is true.

Thanks for info! GG

Archived