Prices

Central Scrutinizer

Damn. Many say the nightlife is cheaper in Pattaya. Don't know about that. Beer prices for a small Tiger were averaging 140 baht a bottle when I was there this past week in Pattaya in Walking Street agogos. How much is it now in Nana and Cowboy? Went to the What's Up Agogo in Walking Street (among others) and the same small Tiger beer was 165 baht a bottle. One friend had a Sangsom coke and was charged 185 baht for one weak drink. A friend and his wife with us had a small bottle of water and a diet coke and were charged 310 baht total for the coke and water! Fuck that! Never will go there again. Outrageous, even though the girls there were pretty (not so in other gogo joints around there). Music's too damned loud anyway to enjoy yourself unless you are the type that likes that crap disco shit they play at dangerous decibels.

So, you Bangkok bar hounds here. What are the prices in the BKK agogos now-a-days in Nana and Cowboy? If Pattaya is supposedly cheaper, what the hell are you guys paying for the privilege of listening to loud obnoxious music and watching lazy shuffling agogo dancers staring at their reflections in the mirrors? 165 baht a small beer is nearly what you'd pay in downtown Boston for a much better tasting beer. (OK, no pretty lazy shuffling agogo dancers willing to go short time with your ugly old ass, but hell, it is getting expensive these days for a night on the town here in the LOS, even without paying the bar fine and ST/LT costs, and lady drinks).

The Central Scrutinizer

Happy hour prices can be nice. Cav knows more about that than me, but its 75 baht for all types of beer in the Doll House until 9.30 PM. Seems to be standard in the non-Arab bars of Cowboy, but the DH has one of the longest happy hours. Plenty to ogle too. I didn't go in any other gogo bars. 80 baht happy hour at Hillary, an open air bar next to Nana.

Cowboy: The "Arab" Bars - actually Persian but let's not quibble - they stopped their Happy Hour almost 6-9 months ago. Some of them have a special for draft beer for 90-110 baht on certain days, but their normal drink prices are just a joke. Especially when you get mostly Coyote Dancers.

For Cowboy, Suzi Wong's is still 95 baht until 9 pm. Rawhide and Long Gun about 110 until 9. Shark is also 75 baht, but only until 8. Dollhouse as The Mac advised is still cheap until 9:30.

I guess that is why I'm back home by 10 pm. Is this the "Cheap Charlie" thread?

The rare times I actually go to Pattaya (twice in the past five years), I never go to Walking Street anymore...it's become way too much of a tourist zoo. And don't get me started about the Russians, haha...

If one needs a Pattaya fix, there's plenty of fun to be had without ever getting anywhere near Walking Street: for gogos, LK Metro; for bar beers, well...everywhere, just about!

And in non-Walking Street bars, beers are definitely cheaper than BKK...as is "body price" (1-1.5k for LT, as opposed to 2k in BKK).

Agree LK Metro is a good spot, a few gogos (6 ish) and plenty of beer bars and places to eat. A lot cheaper than WS.

errr make that 11 or 12 in the block....if you count Oasis...now called the Club....just around the corner

You've been away too long Red....lol

Archived