Getting A Thai Credit Card

cavanami

WTF...

It is like trying to get a Thai credit card, from a bank, or wherever...what a hassle!

I'm use to the USA where just about on the day your born, you get a credit card!!

Have already been denied at SCB...idiots!!!

Now trying Krungsri Bank, Aeon and Citibank.

I had to provide...passport, work permit, copies of bank books, letter from the company certifying my salary, partridge and a pear tree.

Then it is an hour as they are phoning back to the main office.

Aeon copied my entire passport, blank pages and all.

TIT :dunno:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised at SCB I had no problem obtaining a Credit Card from them, 15 minutes completing the form with customer services Photocopy of Work Permit and Passport details and visa page and it was issued within one week.

Different branches different rules I assume.

Bank Balance and proof of income. Most banks offer debit cards and even SCB "Credit Card" is basically a debit card your credit limit is based upon money in the account

Some companies (Avis Car Rental) don't accept debit cards and need CC

Checking the Kasikorn website, it looks to be a slam dunk to get a credit card...

50,000 per month salary (which is about the minimum a farang must get paid to keep a work permit?).

I will find out tomorrow (Monday).

I applied at Aeon, but they want 500 Baht/year for their gold card.

They do give 3~5% back on purchases at Lotus and other stores.

• 5 months later...

apparently thais get CC just like in the US, but alas foreigners have to jump the usual hoobs.

problem solved: let your wife/gf/whore get a CC & get a secondary card off her (with your name on...all you have to do is sign your name) lol. apparently thais dont even need certified income or anything just ask for a CC & one will be given ... or rather several will be thrown at you :p

:surprised:

so cavi did u get a card or more? :)

p.s. avis accepts debit cards just not thai card, but foreign ok. just need to sign additional papers :)

Archived