The Anything Goes Music Thread!

Flashermac

I always get people from back home asking me what 'my' Thailand them song is - usually "one night in Bangkok" or some cheesy lady gag-gag song is their guess. *sigh*

There is no damn theme song. It's too fucking weird, complex, different, and all that.

BUT - if I had to pick one. This would do alright:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5roz5-wdjBg

I always get people from back home asking me what 'my' Thailand them song is - usually "one night in Bangkok" or some cheesy lady gag-gag song is their guess. *sigh*

White stripes hit it for me for a different reason, 24/4/13 (4/24/13 for Dyslexics) when Bayern stuffed Barca in Champions League Semi final 4-0 they played this tune after ever goal. After the first hearing I was sort of, "I Know this" the second "I have this where is it in my collection" the third "No they are not playing this" and the fourth "La La La Lah La"

I flew to Munich 10 days later just to see a game and stand amongst the crowd when they gave a rendition of Seven Nation Army, Priceless.

Actually, much to my astonishment - there is a genuine thailand theme song. However it does require a bit of sophistication by the listener. One must assume the role of existential protagonist if you will.

For example, NOTHING in the vast commonality of human existence embodies the Thai spirit more than this - provided you substitute every single line with puu-ying, and ahaan thanon (street food for you simple minded muthafuckas, of which you are great in number).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33o32C0ogVM

Lest some oddball get the wrong idea, I should clarify that when I reference puu-ying, I adore them around age 30 - the young ones (21,22,23) are just way too annoying chatting on Line/Facebook with their vast armada of friends and would be suitors every .5 milliseconds.

Although, there is a new staff member at my school age 25 recently arrived from Khon Khaen who is quite beautiful and sophisticated for her age. That one would be worth putting the effort in, if I wasn't so pathetically lazy.

Plus, I'm a simple minded muthafucka too. Takes one to know one, chai mai???

:p

KS is a forgiving soul, I'm sure he'll ban me one day and then let me back after he cools off and I plead forgiveness.

:chinaman: