The Anything Goes Music Thread!

Flashermac

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I detest that tune, ot just gets played to death muthch like “Hotel California” and I have overdosed on it. Same could be said for Motörhead “Ace of Spades” and sure there are many others. 
Great tunes but totally overplayed which demerits them IMHO.

Stairway isn’t even Zeps best tune, not even the best tune on Four, some clall it Four Symbols, album, Rock n Roll and Black Dog are far superior and overall many better tunes such as Kashmir, Ramble On, Babe I’m Gonna Leave You, Immigrant Song, Trampled Underfoot.  …   The list on.

There were also better tunes from 1971, The Stones “Brown Sugar” and The Who “Won’t get Fooled Again”   To name just a couple of singles, Album Tracks “Echoes” by Pink Floyd Blows Stairway out of the water.

There ware better albums than Zep 4 i1971, pink Floyd “Meddle”, Black Sabbath “Masters of Reality”, The Allman Brothers “Live at Fillmore East”, Carole King “Tapestry”, Bowie “Hunky Dory”, The Who”Who’s Next”, The Stones “Sticky Fingers”, Jethro Tull “Aqualung”, The Doors “LA Woman” John Lennon “Imagine”.
1971 was probably the year with most classic album releases that people had in their collection

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mekong said:

I detest that tune, it just gets played to death much like “Hotel California” and I have overdosed on it.

But that's the irony of why he put it together 😀

In Australia it has a long history of being the most overplayed song which is why it became a bit of a joke amongst many

There was a show on the ABC called Andrew Denton's  Money or The Gun which finished every week with a different artist performing the song. Think even Rolf Harris appeared once. I also put it up there with Hotel California as well as Wish You Were Here