The Anything Goes Music Thread!

Flashermac

1 hour ago, paul101 said:

Always an Asian better than you

C

You seem to have an infatuation with this  mediocre guitarist,  must be some relative or something.

She does not even know that she is covering a Hendrix tune not SRV.

It is obvious that you have never listened to SRV, pr are totally time deaf if you think this cover version is a patch on SRV’s cover of a Hendrix classic.

44 minutes ago, bust said:

But that's the irony of why he put it together 😀

. I also put it up there with Hotel California as well as Wish You Were Here

Oh, I do get the irony, don’t worry about that.

Another Brick in the Wall Part 2 or Maybe Comfortably Numb are played often but nowhere near as much as The Eagles or Zepplin, Wish you were here never got great airplay in the UK

35 minutes ago, Mekong said:

You seem to have an infatuation with this  mediocre guitarist,  must be some relative or something.

She does not even know that she is covering a Hendrix tune not SRV.

It is obvious that you have never listened to SRV, pr are totally time deaf if you think this cover version is a patch on SRV’s cover of a Hendrix classic.

Mediocre you must be joking, of course she knows it's Hendrix she has done the original version already. Yes I have an infatuation with real talent, what did SRV or Jimi sound like at 12? Here is the other version with her little sister and 'mediocre' mates. Always find it strange when people have to put down young performers.

1 hour ago, paul101 said:

Mediocre you must be joking, of course she knows it's Hendrix she has done the original version already. Yes I have an infatuation with real talent, what did SRV or Jimi sound like at 12? Here is the other version with her little sister and 'mediocre' mates. Always find it strange when people have to put down young performers.

Come to mention it I didn’t know what SRV sounded like when I was 12, most probably due to the fact that he didn’t release his first album until I was 19 years old, but I did know what Hendrix sound was, at the age of 12 I had been playing for 8 years, and was as equally mediocre back then.

I am not saying she is bad, but just not very good. I am not putting down a young performer but there are / were way better guitarists than her at that age.

For some reason you seem to have a hard on for her because she is a young Thai female (not in that respect) who plays music uncommon amongst Thais and happens to be a close neighbour. 
She  may be the best amongst her age group in Thailand, but there is not much competition to be honest and not exactly a virtuoso now.

Your comment “An Asian does it better”. makes me laugh, because she doesn’t do it better. If a 12 year old Asian Female guitarist was “Better” than SRV in his prime I am sure more people would have heard of her than just yourself.

She plays the right notes in the right order, and that’s about it, no feel, no tone, no emotion to her playing, but maybe that will come the more she plays.

Not unless she has changed guitars it isnt her. In all VDO Paul has posted she is playing a Fender Stratacaster, @6:02 that guitarist is using a Gibson Les Paul.

Most guitarist tend to be either Fender or Gibson.

A traditional Stratocaster is equipped with three single-coil pickups (neck, middle, bridge). A traditional Les Paul has two humbucker pickups (neck and bridge). ... Humbuckers were designed to eliminate noise and they generally produce a thicker, deeper sound than single coils.

I'm pretty sure Hendrix or SRV didn't have Youtube channels so hard to say.

Petty Rock is a dime a dozen young guitarist but for some reason certain people seem to have an unhealthy infatuation with her 🙄

Only Thai female artists I have every really liked is Yellow Fang probably because I have a liking for indie music.