The Anything Goes Music Thread!

Flashermac

13 hours ago, Mekong said:

Who’d have figured huh!
The Thai360 Johnny Cash Appreciation Society 

So nice to be discussing someone of respectable age and gender.

I won't deny I am a huge Nick Cave fan and the fact he covered one of his songs might just be a testament to his talent.

46 minutes ago, My Penis is hungry said:

I am not old, and 20 years ago is 1982 not 2002

Strange think is a lot of the stuff I listen to is 60’s, 70,s and early 80’s

I couldn’t imagine 20 year old me in the 80’s listening to stuff from the 20’s, 30’s and 40’s. Age is a weird thing.

MPIH

3 hours ago, My Penis is hungry said:

Can't stand Nick Cave, pretentious prat

Fan of the music not necessarily the person. Some of his work especially his ballads I enjoy rather than his old work.

Lindy Morrison is the drummer you are referring to. They also had Amanda Brown on violin. She also played with Died Pretty who had the hottest cellist Sarah Peet.

Trying to remember if it was you I was with when we stopped at a Molarn festival with the coyote dancers. Will try and find the pic.

17 hours ago, My Penis is hungry said:

Can't stand Nick Cave, pretentious prat

Heretic! 

One of my favourite live performers, and I really don't think he takes himself too seriously.  Seen him twice a few months ago with Warren Ellis which was very different.  Last time I saw him with the Bad Seeds (and Kylie!) was one of my all-time Top 5 performances, up there with The Who at the Oval in 1971, Neil Young & Crazy Horse at Fuji Rock in 2002 and Bowie with the Spiders in Newcastle in 1972, before Ziggy was released.

17 hours ago, My Penis is hungry said:

Drummer from Go Betweens now does ads for aged insurance

Great band, much missed, although Robert Forster still tours here from time to time.