The Anything Goes Music Thread!

Flashermac

Grey area here KS Board Rules under PRIVACY state

Posting information which could lead to the identification of individuals is forbidden.

If the individual in question has already posted such information, how can somebody reposting such lead to identification of an individual who has already posted?

In this instance the information related to a BM’s profession. Well guess what, you have told the board your profession, I have made posts stating your profession so does that make me in breach of board rules?
I have told the board my profession and it has been brought up by others in posts, does that also make them guilty of breaching board rules?

Coss has made no secret and has reneged the board with tales of his adventures and quests to land the hand of MLG, will I be sidelined  for sating “Coss has a Laos Wife”? 

IMHO if someone merely repeats what has been previously posted by the member in question, such is within board rules, it it wasn’t we would be constantly banned. 
Onthe other hand, if poster A was to post private info about poster B, and such was repeated by poster C , both Poster A and C would be in breach.

I know certain posters dislike Paul, that is human nature, pretty sure some people hate me, but the same rules have to be applied fairly and equally across the board.

• Like 1

Meat Loaf: What exactly is it that the singer would not do for love?

It's one of the greatest rock music mysteries of all time. What would Meat Loaf not do for love?

The late US singer's Grammy-winning power ballad I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) blustered its way to the top of the charts in 1993.

Over 12 minutes of Wagnerian melodramatics, he repeated that guarantee no less that 30 times - but fans have long been confused about what it was he wouldn't do. Go vegan? Bribe a priest? Give a gun to a monkey?

The star gave one possible answer during his cameo in Spice World: The Movie.

In character as the Spice Girls' driver, the star is asked to clean out the permanently-clogged toilets of their tour bus.

"Listen, I love these girls, and I'll do anything for them," he tells their manager. "But I won't do that."

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-60082456

On 1/8/2022 at 6:36 AM, Mekong said:

I never “Got” Elvis, other of the same era such as Buddy Holly, Carl Perkins,  Chubby Checker, Eddie Cochran, Gene Vincent etc all had one thing in common, they wrote their own material 

Elvis didnt he relied upon writers such as Ben Wiseman, Mac Davies and Otis Blackwell to compose his songs for him, he never wrote a single song.

IMHO an Artiste writes and records predominantly their own material, nothing wrong with the occasional cover version, but to have a career based upon singer others compositions is not the sign of an Artiste, merely a performer, a phenomenal performer for sure, but a performer non the less.

You can teach a one trick pony to perform.

Elton John?

Not always sure we can verify the information. Easy to claim it's been published before but the archives are quite incomplete.

I agree with KS - no point pretending to bring in legalese language,

Basic rule is don't mention anything about a person that could be used to identify the person

We've all evolved. maybe what was written before is no longer what a member wants written

If it's in a thread no worries, if it's very recent in a separate thread and RELEVANT to a new thread ok

How long before this thread goes out of control?

I like meatloaf,

7 hours ago, Mekong said:

IMHO if someone merely repeats what has been previously posted by the member in question, such is within board rules, it it wasn’t we would be constantly banned. 
Onthe other hand, if poster A was to post private info about poster B, and such was repeated by poster C , both Poster A and C would be in breach.

True but on the other hand the good old Khunsanuk would have to have phantastic brain capacity to remember whoever outed himself maybe back in 2001 already. So if anybody posts private info and feels safe to do so he would have to quote the original outing as well.