The Anything Goes Music Thread!

Flashermac

13 hours ago, Mekong said:

Coss has made no secret and has reneged the board with tales of his adventures and quests to land the hand of MLG, will I be sidelined  for sating “Coss has a Laos Wife”? 

MLG - My Lao Girl, it's in the name, you're safe saying Laos Wife

13 hours ago, Mekong said:

I know certain posters dislike Paul, that is human nature, pretty sure some people hate me, but the same rules have to be applied fairly and equally across the board.

KS has sole discretion (with some delegation),  his board is not a democracy, it's as close to a benevolent dictatorship as you're likely to get.

5 hours ago, My Penis is hungry said:

How long before this thread goes out of control?

Unlikely, but then some would view that statement as a challenge.

KS has sole discretion (with some delegation),  his board is not a democracy, it's as close to a benevolent dictatorship as you're likely to get.

Agree, board rules, which are available for all to read state :-

Posting Information which could lead to identification of individuals is forbidden

But what constitutes such information, what can and cannot lead to identification. Do we follow the guidelines of Personal Data also know as personal information, seems like a good place to start. In the USA, where this board is located, the NIST, National Institute of Standards and Technology list information deemed as personal, of which the reason given in this instance is not listed. 

I am all for following rules (and laws), I know what a dictatorship is (no not Thailand) much like yourself I spent several years living under a communist regime, in my Instance Vietnam, with no problems because the rules were clear.

When I see the words Benevolent Dictatorship, Lee Kuen Yew of Singapore springs to mind whereas plucking rules out of thin air is the actions of a malevolent dictator, I am not saying KS is a malevolent dictator though.

As I said, a grey area, and I do love to play Devils Advocate, or some might say being a cunt haha.

On 1/26/2022 at 11:45 AM, Mekong said:

Grey area here KS Board Rules under PRIVACY state

Posting information which could lead to the identification of individuals is forbidden.

If the individual in question has already posted such information, how can somebody reposting such lead to identification of an individual who has already posted?

In this instance the information related to a BM’s profession. Well guess what, you have told the board your profession, I have made posts stating your profession so does that make me in breach of board rules?
I have told the board my profession and it has been brought up by others in posts, does that also make them guilty of breaching board rules?

Coss has made no secret and has reneged the board with tales of his adventures and quests to land the hand of MLG, will I be sidelined  for sating “Coss has a Laos Wife”? 

IMHO if someone merely repeats what has been previously posted by the member in question, such is within board rules, it it wasn’t we would be constantly banned. 
Onthe other hand, if poster A was to post private info about poster B, and such was repeated by poster C , both Poster A and C would be in breach.

I know certain posters dislike Paul, that is human nature, pretty sure some people hate me, but the same rules have to be applied fairly and equally across the board.

People do dislike me and even though I have been lied about on here years ago accused of costing somebody their job (I asked him and he denied it) been blackmailed by a former advertiser of a 'club' and poster as well as being let down over a loan to a member I hold no grudges. 😀

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2013 at 11:05 PM, Mekong said:

Neil Young from his Mirrorball Album, some critics say it was his best work. His backing band were Stone Gossard, Jeff Ament, Jack Irons and Mike McReady, to the knowledgable Board Members you may recognise Pearl Jam without Eddie.

I didn't get to see this actual show in Caesarea Israel, I was working in Saudi at the time so visa's were a problem, but I did see it in Egypt one has to have the occasional weekend away before going sand crazy.

Mr Gobbie, even you will like this I bet

Were you around in Bangkok when Pearl Jam played in Hua Mark Stadium, with Mudhoney supporting? What a night! 

We weren't exactly spoilt for choice in those days but there were some very special evenings. I'm thinking of Bjork, during the visit when she beat up the news reporter, Manic Street Preachers and Radiohead in the top floor of MBK, maybe even in successive weeks, and a triple header of Foo Fighters, Sonic Youth and the Beastie Boys, again at Hua Mark. 

Feb ‘95 I actually went for Mudhoney, since I had seen them previously in the UK in ‘91.

I di have/ still do have eclectic musical tastes IMHO Mudhoney and Sonic Youth were better thanNirvana and Alice In Chains better than Pearl Jam.

Woo Hoo an excuse for some AIC