The Anything Goes Music Thread!

Flashermac

• 2 weeks later...

The song was written by Graham Gouldman who later went on to semi fame with 10CC

A slight claim to fame, Peter Noone the Lead Singer is my Mums brother, always just Uncle Pete to me.

No joking, that is great!

Too late for today (my daughter is asleep (10pm here), first day of school tomorrow) but she will be pleased to know that someone real knows the people involved in the song.

I'll surprise her in the morning. (I am already pleasantly surprised)

Thanks! What an unusual constellation.

I grew up in a musical family

My father played in a few bands in the late 60's, never made any fame or fortune but that was Manchester back then.

My mother was the principal pianist of Halle Orchestra I had a classical Mother and a rock father, my mother forced me to do 2 hours piano practice a day before letting my father loose on my on guitar, interesting education.

I do get a kick out of going into the hi so music stores in paragon, I don't dress up, a baggy t-shirt torn shorts and a pair of flip flops are my style, and the looks I get when I sit at a grand piano are priceless, as soon as I start hitting out Beethoven Piano Concerto 5 and seeing the jaws drop make it worthwhile. The wife asks me M why do you keep doing it, well because I can, I like to shock people haha, who is this tramp playing perfect, I enjoy a good laugh.

I do enjoy playing live rock music been doing it for nearly 40 years now, how the hell can one play keyboards and guitar at the same time, well I have mastered it an array of pedals makes it possible. I just like my music simple fact