North Korea At War With South

waerth

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a guess but my guess is that this more about internally in NK than externally. The son wants to consolidate the military behind him. My guess is that the miitary thinks and/or the son thinks the military doesn't respect him like his father. Possibly seen as too young, not tough enough, etc. His father tried grooming him for leadership. A few years ago he quietly got rid of an old general with a lot of power. A general close to his father and possibly because the troops would listen to the general over him.

Everything is about the millitary there. They have to be kept fed. Sabre-rattling might be going on because it endears him to the military. Prove he can 'stand up' to America.<p>Nothing will happen. Its a fine balancing act. Act tough

Mistakes can happen though. William Shirer, American correspondent in 1930s Nazi Germany, wrote that Hitler was shocked and furious when Britain and France declared war when he invaded Poland. He kept shouting at Goebbels, "YOU TOLD ME THIS WOULDN'T HAPPEN! YOU TOLD ME THIS WOULDN'T HAPPEN!"

Since he'd got away with marching his soldiers into the officially demilitarised Rheinland, had got the Ruhr back from French control, annexed Austria and been given the German-populated border areas of Czechoslovakia, he was convinced he would be able to retake the city of Danzig by force. World War II was not supposed to happen. Hitler screwed up!

p.s. And once again, why the fuck did Britain and France declare war on Germany for invading Poland, but not against the USSR when Stalin also invaded? Afraid of their own homegrown commies? :hmmm:

Exactly Flash, mistakes. Meaning NK doesn't want a war. I don't watch CNN. They are hyping up every little thing. Here in Korea, no one is tripping. Its business as usual. Its the media. I saw CNN for the first time in a few weeks and they make it seem we're on the brink of war. They make it seem that NK wants war and its the last thing they want. Instead of saying that NK is just making noise they paint it as they are on the verge of starting a war.

First of all, its rare that a country telegraphs it is going to begin a war. The biggest thing to any military is the element of surprise. Yes, there is sabre rattling prior but almost always its about averting something and saving face.

Nothing is going to happen save a 'mistake'.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived