Meeting This Month? (April 2013)

TheCorinthian

Lazy ass, huh? Who lives within crawling distance of the nightlife, and who has to walk a klick out to the road, take a taxi to Moh Chit, then take the BTS all the way? :hmmm:

Who survived life and death encounters on a regular basis in SE Asia during the prime of his life... and now whining about a little hike to the BTS. booo hoooo hoooo.....

:)

Just kidding Flash. Still owe you a round at Dollhouse or whatever.

jai-rai

Why only on a Friday? If Corinthian doesn't have that much time, maybe another day would do ... as I said, except during Songkran!

p.s. Main reason I really go out so little is I hate trying to get a taxi home in the evening. Getting one to go to a residential area after midnight can be a major hassle. They all just want to ambush tourists. :(

Life used to be so much easier ...

post-98-0-11079100-1365176021_thumb.jpg

No shit, the taxis on suk are fucking out of control now. Why do you think I moved away from Ratchada. "mai bpai" "mai bpai" mai bpaI' a dozen times will wear you down. They all want to go to climax or insomnia (insanity) or mixx. 200 baht a pop for dropping off a customer.

What's funny is (- now - ) I live within walking distance of both (Insomnia and Climax) but will still grab a cab just to give them some extra cash (of course I doh't pay shit, but help them collect their fee, I've had motosai taxis pay me to to go Insomnia when I was about 100 feet away, hahaha.

But seriously - it is way worse than it used to be trying to go anywhere past soi 33 or on ratchada. If it's 1 or 2am you are gonna work a lot of taxis before you find one that will take care of you - and even then, it's a crapshoot just to get the meter. What the fuck?????

Hence my new digs. เดิน เล่น - it's the only way to go. :))))))))))))

Sorry, posted while a little intoxicated. Point was - the taxi situation on Sukhumwit is getting worse, not better. Not just for the Falangs, but for everyone. Basically the discos pay them 200 baht a pop for dropping off customers, and they'd rather sit around waiting for the proper drunk (who will also pay them for the ride on top of the commission from the club). To add - the traffic on both Suk and Ratchada is fucking horrific almost 24/7, so... you get a lot of rejection - especially during rush hour and late evening (when they want the club commissions). They (taxi drivers) would rather sit and chat with their buddies waiting for the tourist who will make them 3 or 4 times the money to go a KM or less and not have to dick around in traffic.

Honestly, I'd probably do the same.

You get something similar these days at the BTS station at Chatuchak. Taxis don't want to go anywhere except off the meter for several times what it should be. One clown saw the Farang (me) and eagerly asked if I wanted to go to Swampypoom. I'd just got off the Skytrain and had nothing in my hands. The obvious conclusion was on was on my way to the airport. :p

Archived