Fake Call Centre Stormed, Foreigners Arrested

radioman

Fake call centre stormed, foreigners arrested

BANGKOK, April 4 – Thai authorities arrested operators of a shady call centre when police raided an office in Thonglor on Wednesday.

Police and Department of Special Investigation (DSI) officers broke into the offices of the Capital Consultant Management company on the 17th floor of United Tower. The director, identified as Rofolo Andre Salgado, was at large.

Songsak Raksaksakul, director of the DSI Bureau of Foreign Affairs and Transnational Crime, said the company was launched over two years ago as a front for an illegal call centre.

Many Europeans have been scammed by the gang which police said promoted fake investments in the petroleum business through the call centre.

Police said there were nine foreigners and several Thai nationals in the racket. The nine non-Thai suspects were from Canada, the UK, the US and Latvia.

Police said the group convinced Europeans to make investments and after a transaction was made by the interested investors, the scammers withdrew the money and immediately closed the account.

Police said the group has cheated the victims of hundreds of million baht. The authorities seized documents and computers for further investigation.

The non-Thai suspects were charged with illegal entry. Police said charges will be pressed against them after complaints are lodged by the victims. (MCOT online news)

I knew someone who worked in one. He was making money hand over fist, calling folks in Australia to sell them crap stock. His conscience got to him and he quit ... just weeks before the police raided the place and locked up everyone they found. These bastards prey on those who can least afford the loss. Hang them by the gonads.

I remember one time when I used to stay at the Grace, there was a guy from the states that was staying there.

He was kinda jumpy on things and said his boss was putting him up there untill some bussiness issues got taken care of.

The more I listened to to him, I flat out said you were or are working a boiler room scam.

His face got real pale and said don't speak so loudly.

He was there about 3 days and was waiting for money so he said. Never gave or bought him anything. Then he was gone.

Not sure what happened to him.

Archived