Buying U.s. Postage In Thailand

rickfarang

Rickfarang, you need to be using Registered Mail, or the equivalent, on the outbound for this. You CANNOT afford to have the document package go astray on its way to the Court, and Registered Mail is pretty much the only way to ensure that doesn't happen.

This sounds as though it is something for which you need to be Stateside, physically.

Alternatively, it is something that your Stateside attorney's office should be handling for you. (Yes, they'll rape you on price. Deal with it, and add it to the "attorneys fees and court costs" ledger.)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The US First Class "Forever" stamp is no good for international mail, as it is not denominated in any currency. You may recall the various "lettered" stamps, that did not carry a monetary value, because the Post Awful didn't know how much First Class postage would actually be when the stamp went into use. This problem came up then. (I had a HECK of a time with my local Post Offal getting real denominated First Class stamps, just in case.)

Thank you for all the ideas. I think the next time a friend or relative visits from the U.S., I will ask him to bring some U>S. postage stamps.

But I have another question that somebody here might already know the answer to. On the 12th I sent the documents by air mail to an intermediary in the U.S. But that was the day before Songkran. Does anybody know whether, even though the post offices shut down for the long week-end, whether the behind-the-scenes action, such as getting mail in the system to its destination continue, or whether everything comes to a halt and mail sits in a bag somewhere for an extra five or six days? Not that I'm getting anxious...

Mate - the Good Lady and I were in LOS from Feb 14 to March 5th. We sent a few postcards around the 18-24th Feb and we beat them home to Aus easily. The latest one made it a just under a week ago. (14 April).

If that's anything to go by.

Archived