Red Bull Heir Case Sparks Legal Conflict

Flashermac

I've heard nothing more about the kid who cut the Lao girl in half. The rich kid's daddy gave some money to the girl's family, and the kid and the mother cried together. She said she forgave the snotty little SOB, but would never let any more of her children come to Bangkok. So how long has it been now? :hmmm:

The girl who rammed the van from Thammasat was tried some time back. No jail time, just probation and instructions that she should be a good girl. :(

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Justice at last? Red Bull heir to be indicted Monday, prosector says

By Coconuts Bangkok August 23, 2013 / 09:56 ICT

JPmRBcy.jpg

After being postponed four times, the indictment of the notorious Red Bull heir Vorayuth Yoovidhya, who allegedly killed a police officer in a hit-and-run last year, is finally set to take place on Monday.

And just in time it seems. The statute of limitations for the speeding charge against Vorayuth is due to expire on Sept 3.

Ruecha Krairiksh, lead prosecutor in the case, said the indictment was postponed repeatedly because the suspect had complained to police that the Attorney-General's Office should interview four more eye-witnesses to ensure fairness.

However, Thong Lor police had yet to submit any additional information regarding the suspect's petition to prosecutors, Ruecha said.

Vorayuth, grandson of Red Bull energy drink founder Chaleo Yoovidhya, allegedly rammed his Ferrari into Pol Snr Sgt Maj Wichian Klanprasert's motorcycle on Sukhumvit Soi 47 in the early hours of Sept 3 last year.

The policeman's body was dragged about 200 meters along the road.

Vorayuth allegedly fled the scene and was arrested several hours later at his home on Sukhumvit Soi 53, the Bangkok Post reported.

http://bangkok.cocon...-prosector-says

But it is only an indicment, a provisional hearing and that is it.

No mention of which court the case will be heard at, will it a be a dusit where a one month delay is not unheard of or will they take it to Rathchapresidek?

If the prosecution had any balls it would go direct to Ratchada, Provincial Criminal Courts are restricted to 3 Years Maximum prison term where as Ratchada can throw the book at you and it is getting close to the 12 months terms of statute now, will be interesting to see how it goes.

How do I know this? from experience I tried to prosecute my Ex at Ratchada but they told me to take the case to Dusit Provisional Criminal Court, I went along with the game and once Dusit heared my evidence and her weak defence (it was a Private Prosecution) they then referred it back to Ratchada for sentencing, they did hand out more than 3 years :)

Report on Twitter it's postponed for a 5th time. Not seen another news source to confirm.

Redbull heir indictment postponed for 5th time

By Coconuts BangkokAugust 26, 2013 / 14:58 ICT

The indictment of the notorious Red Bull heir Vorayuth Yoovidhya, who allegedly killed a police officer in a hit-and-run last year, has been postponed yet again.

Voice TV journalist Weeranan Kanhar reported on Twitter that the indictment has been postponed for a 5th time until September 2 at 10AM.

The statute of limitations for the speeding charge against Vorayuth is due to expire on September 3.

The defendant cited illness as the reason for the latest postponement.

The prosecutor has also been ordered to not conclude the case yet due to unfinished document prep by police.

Vorayuth, grandson of Red Bull energy drink founder Chaleo Yoovidhya, allegedly rammed his Ferrari into Pol Snr Sgt Maj Wichian Klanprasert's motorcycle on Sukhumvit Soi 47 in the early hours of Sept 3 last year.

The policeman's body was dragged about 200 meters along the road.

Vorayuth allegedly fled the scene and was arrested several hours later at his home on Sukhumvit Soi 53.

http://bangkok.cocon...tponed-5th-time

Does not surprise me one little bit.

I am too lazy to dig up my Thai Law books and the wife is in court at the moment but I pretty much sure that the 12 Month Statute of Limitations refers to the time between the alleged incident and the NIP (Notice of Intended Prosecution) being issued, also known as the Prosecution Indicement. The court case may be in 3 years time but once the NIP is issued within 12 months by the prosecution then the defendant still has a case to answer.

It took me nearly 2 years to get my ex wife before the criminal court but since NIP had been served within 12 months much to her disgust (haha silly little girl) in the words of the great Martha Reeves and the Vandellas she had "Nowhere to run to Baby"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58UD3jU86pY

So will they serve an 'NIP' or will they let him fake off and disappear. Who has money on that the prosecution has been paid off and will delay until, oh whoops, too late to file. Or is it the other way around and they will file by Sept 3 unless he shows up and gives good cause as to why they should not file, in other words he's got until Sept 3 but if nothing happens before then he gets done?

Otherwise I don't get it, what are they waiting for? The case is unsound?

Archived