Red Bull Heir Case Sparks Legal Conflict

Flashermac

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NIP has been served and they have one of the best Thai prosecution Lawyers on the case, Thailand's equivalent to Elliot Ness, "The Untouchable"

So this 'NIP' has been served but the indictment not?

Quote from earlier post:

The indictment of the notorious Red Bull heir Vorayuth Yoovidhya, who allegedly killed a police officer in a hit-and-run last year, has been postponed yet again.

Just trying to understand which way this is going. Normal (sic) Thainess dictates that a reasonable amount of time is allowed to expire and the matter fades away, any less than just process is conveniently obscured by the mists of time and the littleness of the aggrieved party. Or do these delays suggest more is afoot and as time goes on with the spot light still shining the lords of hell fire and damnation are stirring in their pot for this bozo?

Indictment has been issued by court hence the reason NIP was issued.

The defendant has so far refused to reply to the indictment by making an appearance hence the statement about postponed, but under Thai Criminal Law the prosecution served the indictment on the defendant, which either has to be replied to in 7 days or is classed as being served and therefore are well within the Statute of Limitations time period.

Sorry to bore you with the ins and outs of Thai law but having been through the system myself and for my sins now married to a Thai Lawyer I can speak from personal experience.

Why do you think there is such an uproar about the "Amnesty Agreement" which PT are trying to force through, the indictment was served on the ex PM over the Ratchada Land deal and he ran away and wont come back, PT want to change the constitution so their hero can return free from prosecution, and this has been going on for at least 7 years now.

Indictment has been issued by court hence the reason NIP was issued.

That's where I get confused. The newspaper report said the Indictment was postponed.

The defendant has so far refused to reply to the indictment by making an appearance hence the statement about postponed, but under Thai Criminal Law the prosecution served the indictment on the defendant, which either has to be replied to in 7 days or is classed as being served and therefore are well within the Statute of Limitations time period.

Sorry to bore you with the ins and outs of Thai law but having been through the system myself and for my sins now married to a Thai Lawyer I can speak from personal experience.

Why do you think there is such an uproar about the "Amnesty Agreement" which PT are trying to force through, the indictment was served on the ex PM over the Ratchada Land deal and he ran away and wont come back, PT want to change the constitution so their hero can return free from prosecution, and this has been going on for at least 7 years now.

I thought that was a conviction rather than an indictment?

Not being an idiot (I hope) just curious, and it aint boring. Really would like to see this schlub get his due but I suspect it will be otherwise.

RM

You are not an idiot my friend, just a fun loving fool like myself and only asking questions.

As for your first point, probably lost in Translation from Thai court transcript to English press, an indictment cannot be postponed but the defendant may wish to try and fight it for years. Under the Statute of Limitations the Indictment was issued within 12 months and is still valid. Once the indictment is issued by the court based on the prosecutors evidence it has been served if not rejected within 7 days. He can try and delay as much as he wants, remember the Hi-So Kid who mowed down a bunch of people at a bus stop in his Benz, took 5 years to get him convicted.

Your second point is correct it was "Conviction Abstania" basically found guilty in his absence, don't get me started on why the Thai Government don't withdraw his passport and have him returned to Thailand to face justice. Page 4 article 6 of a British Passport states "CAUTION" This document remains the property of Her Majesty's Government and may be withdrawn at any time" but this is not an argument i will get into on public forum

As previously mentioned the state Prosecutor is the modern day Elliot Ness, he could earn a fortune in Private Practice , he is that good, but still choses to stay in Public Prosecution, this will end in a conviction trust me, but probably a pathetic 250,000 Baht fine rather than the 15 years he deserves.

Uh oh - Red Bull heir leaves country

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Red-Bull-heir-leaves-country-30213804.html

Attorney-General Chulasingh Vasantasingh has ordered the prosecution of Red Bull heir Vorayuth Yoovidhya on three counts, including speeding, for the hit-and-run accident that killed a policeman.

The suspect, according to his lawyer, is now on an overseas trip that started on Thursday.

Chulasingh recently issued the order to public prosecutors at the Department of Southern Bangkok Criminal Litigation because the statute of limitations related to the speeding will expire on Tuesday. The department has postponed the prosecution five times already, claiming it needed additional investigation reports regarding the alleged speeding - which Vorayuth has denied.

Reuchai Krairerk, a senior expert public prosecutor at the department, said yesterday that Chulasingh ordered prosecution on three counts to take place first to avoid any damage stemming from the statute of limitations expiring on the speeding charge.

"We have thus asked police to bring Vorayuth to Bangkok South Criminal Court on September 2 for the prosecution," Reuchai said.

He said that if Vorayuth failed to show up at the court on that day, prosecutors would seek an arrest warrant for him and have him prosecuted on two other counts.

Reuchai said the two other counts were more serious - reckless driving causing death and failure to stop the vehicle and get out to help the victim.

He said Vorayuth's lawyer insisted that the suspect would return to meet with public prosecutors on Monday.

I'm sure that Mr. T will be giving Vorayuth a ride back to LOS...

> He said that if Vorayuth failed to show up at the court on that day, prosecutors would seek an arrest warrant for him and have > him prosecuted on two other counts.

So if he shows up, he skates on the two more serious counts :dunno:

Lemmeseehere, waz going on. Well, don't show up and the case is dropped, NIP, indictment, whatever notwithstanding. Who knew this was a real possibility? Clearly his lawyer, presumably the prosecutor, police? It seems so laughable. No, IT IS THAT laughable! Justice schmustice.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/crimes/367641/red-bull-heir-says-he-is-too-sick-to-attend-indictment-on-speeding-charge

Now on the Yahoo News...

Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for Red Bull heir

Thai prosecutors seek arrest warrant for Red Bull heir accused in police hit-and-run death

http://news.yahoo.co...-103842422.html

BANGKOK (AP) -- Thai authorities are seeking an arrest warrant for an heir to the Red Bull energy drink fortune after he failed to appear for his indictment in the hit-and-run death of a policeman, a prosecutor said Monday.

A lawyer for Vorayuth Yoovidhya said the 30-year-old heir was on a business trip in Singapore and was unable to return to Thailand for the indictment because he fell ill.

His absence means a speeding charge will be dropped because the statute of limitations expires Tuesday. He still faces charges of causing death by reckless driving and not stopping to help, which carry a maximum sentence of 10 years.

Prosecutor Ruecha Krairiksh said Vorayuth showed an intention to flee by not appearing for the indictment...

BANGKOK (AP) -- Thai authorities are seeking an arrest warrant for an heir to the Red Bull energy drink fortune after he failed to appear for his indictment in the hit-and-run death of a policeman, a prosecutor said Monday.

A lawyer for Vorayuth Yoovidhya said the 30-year-old heir was on a business trip in Singapore and was unable to return to Thailand for the indictment because he fell ill.

His absence means a speeding charge will be dropped because the statute of limitations expires Tuesday. He still faces charges of causing death by reckless driving and not stopping to help, which carry a maximum sentence of 10 years.

Prosecutor Ruecha Krairiksh said Vorayuth showed an intention to flee by not appearing for the indictment...

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/3S3xv_HqJiMIcA2HLqEt3Q--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTY4MDtweW9mZj0wO3E9ODU7dz05NjA-/http://globalfinance.zenfs.com/images/US_AHTTP_AP_FINANCIALTIMES/6e2efdd894f93c1d3c0f6a7067003246_original.jpg

6e2efdd894f93c1d3c0f6a7067003246_original.jpg

Archived