Kasikorn Atm Question

gobbledonk

Hi All,

It's been a while ....

- what is the current MAX amount you can withdraw from a Kasikorn ATM in a single transaction ?

- is the Thai bank ATM fee still 150 baht or has it gone up ?

I have some notes on what it has cost me per transaction previously (my own bank gouges me each time I make an ATM withdrawal OS), and I'm seriously considering (cough, splutter) travellers cheques next time.

Thanks,

Gobble

You must mean a foreign account. Kasikorn charges me nothing to withdraw from my Thai account. (I almost never do though. I live off of a Bangkok Bank account.)

I think the daily limit is 20,000 from an ATM.

I have debit cards, which I think means there is no limit (which is why you don't keep that much in the ones you use as credit cards).

Krungsri (Sp??)....the Yellow machines ........will issue 30 notes at a time...i.e. 30k.....and they only charge 10 Bt fee (good deal)...Edit ...sorry....On Local a/c's....not Overseas

Unless you change it, K Bank has (I believe) a 40k daily limit on withdrawals

Sorry Flash...I disagree....K Bank does not charge a fee IF you withdraw from your own Branch....or City...AFAIK

If you withdraw from an ATM in another City, I think they charge 15 Bt per transaction

Gobble....here's a plan

Next time you are here...open a FCD a/c (Foreign Currency Deposit)...in Oz $$....and also a local Thai a/c

That way you can t/fer from Oz...into the FCD......and not get gouged on exchange rates.....Leaving your bulk funds in Oz $$ to tip into your Thai a/c as & when needed...but more importantly....when the exchanged rate is most favourable

I find this works well for me.....

Just think about it....6 mths ago Oz $$ was 31.5 / Bt....now 30.3... TT rate

down 1.2

If you were to t/f 30,000 AUD....it means a diff of...36,000 Bt....BUT...if you sit it in an FCD....you only lose if you convert when things are down...

Sit & wait....if you really need some cash....convert the min you need to get through

Cheers DC

Could be there's a fee in other cities. Only place I've used my ATM card in several years in either Bangkok or Nonthaburi. Never been charged a satang. Can't remember if I was charged anything in Chiangmai.

Still, it is much better than in the early '90s, when a Bangkok card was only good in Bangkok. A friend almost got himself stranded when he drove to Phuket and found out his Bangkok Bank ATM card was not recognised even by the Bangkok Bank! :p

Thanks for the advice, DS - I have copied to my 'finance' folder for next year :)

Flash, its hard to believe that the Thai banks were so backward as recently as 'the early 90s'. Little wonder the currency crisis hit hard - all those carrier pigeons flying between branches must have been dropping out of the sky ;)

Archived