Songkran - Some Idiots Don't Know When To Stop

MikeN

Som na na... He's an idiot to be out on Songkron and not expect to get wet. (you too)

Bullshit. Everyone knows it's an unspoken rule that the drenching stops after nightfall. Be nice.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the madness over yet (17th April) ? I'm told that it drags on for a full week in Patts, but I thought it was supposed to be a three-day 'festival' elsewhere ?

http://en.wikipedia....kran_(Thailand)

I still think April is a great month to investigate other parts of the region - leave the idiots to their own devices.

...Still happening down here mate....and I read it's going to continue until the 20th this year

ahhh well only 3 more days of the shit fight...

...but then again...it's good for business....lol

19th is the BIG day here.....

I doubt that anyone in the tourist strips has a clue what the original 'Festival' was supposed to be celebrating, nor cares, but the idiots drenching people who are clearly dressed for work need to get a life. That's just drunken stupidity, pure and simple - I wonder how they would react if they were back home and some tosser threw a bucket of water over them ?

Very little water splashing in my neighbourhood. I only saw a few young children down the soi ambushing people and a few teens at it near the market. I saw one or two war wagons on the road, but they only battle with each other. Go anywhere near Asoke or Nana, and it was a free fire zone!

Again, those are largely tourist areas - big difference to Farang morons deliberately targetting Farang expats who are clearly on their way to work. I dont know what sort of tolerance Thai employers have for one of their employees rocking up to work drenched (I assume its a little different in the wet season). but if nothing else you would look like a bit of a pill in oz. If Stickman's rants about a 'new breed of young Farang' are based in any sort of reality, I doubt that these folk see the humor in having a drunk throw a bucket of water over them.

This happens to me every year on the way to work. Some scowling Falang drenching me with water while the Thais smile, wave, enjoy themselves and avoid spraying me.

Most Thais genuinly seem to love Songkran, enjoying the whole period, whereas most falangs seem to think its just an excuse to act like a 5 year old.

Archived