Explosions Reported At Boston Marathon Finish Line

TheCorinthian

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dean posted a photo in the USA thread, and I expect there will be more dicussion in that thread, but this is as good a place as any for me to have my little rant.

I posted some time back re a doco done by one of the lefty programs ('Frontline', from memory) on the massive infrastructure allocated to the US security services, much of it installed in anonymous office buildings across the Maryland/Virginia conurbation. The video was accompanied by some astounding figures detailing the budgets that Homeland Security, the CIA and others have at their disposal post 9/11,. \

Fast-forward to April, 2013, and I turn on my TV to see that the Chief of Police in Boston has told the media that he had 'no intelligence specifying a threat to the marathon'. Let's see - public holiday, massive Police presence, an event which attracts the world's media to Boston and bombs planted (or suicide bombers inserted - they are still investigating) right at the finish line.

The intelligence that lead the US i(and the coalition of the willing) nto Irag was fatally flawed. Afghanistan has been a clusterfuck from day one, although I agree that they needed to take out Bin Laden. My question is simple : what the hell is the American taxpayer paying billions for if they cant even go and watch some nutters run 26 miles ?

End rant.

Flash, you know as well as anyone here that Bush and Cheney were the architects of America's downfall, and that Obama just happens to be the unfortunate manning the bridge atm. If the US *does* dig itself out of the hole it's currently in, it wont be thanks to the massive military-industrial complex - it will be courtesy of the blood and sweat of people the likes of Bush and Cheney are protected from 24/7, courtesy of thos same long-suffering taxpayers.

unit731 - thanks for posting a link to the vid. Frontline rocks IMO.

While I'm still foaming at the mouth, Obama IS responsible for allowing the captains of industry to get off with a slap on the wrist when the GFC hit, but the seeds for that were sown before he took office. I doubt that corporate America has ever had it as good as they did under GWB, but then I dont remember much of the Reagan era (sadly, neither did Ronnie in his later years).

Obama is in now his second four-year term. He can't pass the buck very convincingly after that long a time. He is the man in the hot seat now, no one else.

<< The Obama administration may blame Bush for the crippled economy it inherited, but it has for the most part been unable to rescind his tax cuts. For the time being, the tax argument has been won by conservatives. Liberals may have berated Bush for the security policies of his “war on terrorâ€, but they have been continued and in some regards expanded by President Obama.

As Factcheck.org points out, both presidents are to blame for taking the debt to record levels. >>

Writing in the Washington Post recently, Jennifer Rubin argued that “Bush seems to be a more accomplished Republican figure in the Obama eraâ€, while summarising his successes. >>

http://www.telegraph...y-that-bad.html

Archived