Ship Inn Closed

The_Munchmaster

I heard the other night that the Ship Inn (Suk Soi 23) had closed and, along with the unit next door, is going to be turned into a gogo bar.

I walked past yesterday, on my way to the Crossbar, and indeed the Ship Inn is closed, the outside seating area demolished and what would appear to be a new glass shopfront installed. The unit next door is also empty.

IMG_2325_zps6b1ff88e.jpg?t=1366794855

I only popped into the Ship occassionally however it is still sad to see yet another "institution" close. :(

Also surprised that the new owners will be able to open a gogo bar on the street as I would have assumed they were restricted to Soi Cowboy! :dunno:

post-98-0-89167700-1366804924_thumb.jpg

I was quite disappointed about a month ago to find the Ship Inn gone, since it was one of my favourites. I'd stop for dinner there any time I went to Cowboy, which was just around the corner. It was good value for the money and had been there for over 20 years. The owner - from Kent - died a couple of years ago, but his wife was running it and keeping up the standards. I last ate there maybe 2 months ago, and no one said a word about it closing. I wonder what happened.

Just what the area needs, another gogo bar. I hope they lose their shirt on it! :(

http://www.tripadvis...nn-Bangkok.html