Cloud Storage Only - No Local Folder

gawguy

I have a lot of photos (not sexy) that I want to keep in folders on line - "in the cloud" as we now say. I want to be able to access them from any of my PC's but I don't want them in a local folder. I have dropbox, but dropbox works out of a local folder. I've been looking at google drive, same thing. -- Unless there is some way to use these without downloading the files into a local folder before you can look at them.

I know there are lots of photo storage websites.. maybe I should be thinking of using one of them. I have about 1gb of photos I would like to store.

What are your suggestions for the best options?

Thanks,

Gaw Guy

Are you sure that Google Drive is in a local folder? Unplug your internet cable and see if you can see the files in your local drive.

I'm unplugged and I restarted the computer just to be sure. Google drive is a folder in My Documents.

I've also checked out the photo storage / sharing sites and they don't have enough capacity unless you pay.

Nothing seems to be exactly what I was looking for so I might just try some options and settle for one.

You can backup to the cloud.

Make a Share Folder that contains the photos. Then you can access that folder from your other computers on the LAN.

Do you need to access hi-res photos from other PCs? If not, compress the photos so they'll fit on a photo sharing site.

Archived