Cloud Storage Only - No Local Folder

gawguy

GG, uninstall the google drive app from your PC or Mac (or create a new google account and use that), then navigate to google docs. You'll be in a window that is the browser interface for Google Drive, but it won't sync to a folder on the machine you are browsing from, you can then simply upload whatever you want and it will be stored in the cloud. Try it, it works. If you don't want to sync the data to any local machines, don't install the google drive app on any of them. If you only want it on one but not the other - install the app on that one and not the other and so forth....

GG, uninstall the google drive app from your PC or Mac (or create a new google account and use that), then navigate to google docs. You'll be in a window that is the browser interface for Google Drive, but it won't sync to a folder on the machine you are browsing from, you can then simply upload whatever you want and it will be stored in the cloud. Try it, it works. If you don't want to sync the data to any local machines, don't install the google drive app on any of them. If you only want it on one but not the other - install the app on that one and not the other and so forth....

Okay!! I've tried it and I like it! I'm glad I held out doing anything until JR responded with this last option. (I knew I kept you guys on the payroll for a reason! And it's not cause you are Jai Rai or because Ura Dick, etc.) Google Docs turns out to be really good for photo storage because the view can be switched to "grid" which displays good-sized thumbnails. 1 gb free storage which is just the right amount for what I have. Thanks to all the responses, and to JR for explaining the option that seems best for my purposes.

Gaw Guy

Archived