Visa Extension

gawguy

First, for those who may have followed previous posts like "Visa Extension Crunch"... here's what I did.

I had a ticket to come back to LOS 4/6/13 but my visa extension or permit to enter was going to expire 4/9/13. To get out of the crunch I changed my arrival date to 4/1/13 and went ahead from there to get a one yr extension on my O-A and get a multiple entry permit.

My current visa extension and multiple entry stamp both say 4/9/2014.

My question: Does this mean that I permanently locked into April 9 expirations? Or is there some way around that short of getting a new US visa?

Thanks for all the excellent and detailed advice.

Gaw Guy

I can but relate what I've had for the last dozen years. My last actual visa was dated 21 Feb 2001, since then I have had extensions of stay dated 20 Feb the following year. Applications for extension have been anything from a month to a few days before but stamped date has always been 20 Feb. Thais don't do flexibility or free thinking, groupspeak rules!

You can renew your entry permit extension any time within the last 30 days before it expires. They will typically issue the next extension so that it projects 12 months from your current expiration date - regardless of when you actually renew.

So - the answer to your question is basically "Yes" - but with a 30-day window PRIOR TO expiration, durimg which you can renew.

Cheers!

SS

Archived