5-Year-Old Kentucky Boy Fatally Shoots 2-Year-Old Sister

khunsanuk

Hi,

A Kentucky mother stepped outside of her home just for a few minutes, but it was long enough for her 5-year-old son to accidentally shoot and kill his 2-year-old sister with the .22-caliber rifle he got for his birthday, state officials said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/01/us/kentucky-accidential-shooting/index.html

What kind of fucked up parents give their 5-year old a fucking gun for his birthday!!!!!

Oh, I guess this line a bit later in the article explains it :(

"It was God's will. It was her time to go, I guess,"

Un-fucking-believable :(

Sanuk!

There's an interesting argument developing about the attitude of mainstream Americans vis: It's OK to infringe civil liberties when someone may be buying fireworks, fertiliser, knives... or may have stuff concealed in their shoes, belts, or underwear. But don't what ever you do, get in the way of everybody's right to have guns...

Which to simplify means: no bad stuff anywhere, unless it's guns, then it's OK.

I wonder what the proles would be using as a weapon du jour, if the movies were full of people being slapped by fish instead of killed by guns...

Hi,

"Which to simplify means: no bad stuff anywhere, unless it's guns, then it's OK."

Yep, plenty of people in the comments already shifting blame from guns to bad parenting.

Sure, parents who give their 5-yr old a gun are fucking morons, but what does it say about the country that allows them to buy such a gun for the kid?

Sanuk!

From the article:

"In this part of the country, it's not uncommon for a 5-year-old to have a gun or for a parent to pass one down to their kid,"

​I remember a conversation with "the little boy next door" who is an awesome kid, 5, who knocks around with my son (6) when I have him. It was soon after (yet another) shooting in the US some time last year. I don't remember the details but his parents were quite horrified by it. We were talking about how we play super heroes, cowboys and Indians etc, and the conversation went as such...

Me to his Dad: "Father of the little boy next door, listen to this."

Me to the Little Boy Next Door: "You know how we play superheroes, and shoot each other, punch each other and stuff?"

Him: "Yeah, I'm Spiderman and you're Superman - it's awesome. Tomorrow I'll be the Green Lantern!"

Me: "Well, what do you think it would be like if there was a place where ANYONE could just buy a gun from a shop? Not a toy, a real gun?"

Him: "Red, that would be stupid - OUR guns are toys, if they were real, somebody could get hurt.. they could DIE. That would be stupid if anyone could buy real guns."

Me: "You're a clever kid."

Him: "I know."

At this stage, he tackled me to the ground and proceeded to kill me with his "laser powers"... The kid's a normal, energetic 5 year old with an amazing imagination, but he knows how things are, and things are pretty simple.

It just happens to be the only one guaranteed in the Constitution. Nasty thing, that Constitution. The government would love to do away with it.

In other words, when Tommy guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have Tommy guns, and the peaceable citizen will not have the ability to return machine-gun fire when needed.â€

LINK

A gov cannot and should not make laws so that we must protect ourselves.

If people are so stupid (as to give a 5 y.o. a gun) then we can only wait for

some Darwin law to remove these idiots from earth!

Maybe the gov should try to outlaw stupidity :dunno:

...may have a better chance of success...

Archived